Wolves - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

Goin' Hunting! This is for all your hunting stories, plans, questions, etc...

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 10-03-2010, 10:27 AM Thread Starter
Don't mind me



 
westcoaststrokin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Silverdale, WA
Posts: 27,592
Thanks: 6
Thanked 21 Times in 16 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to westcoaststrokin
Wolves

Western lawmakers turn sights on endangered wolves - Yahoo! News

I can tell you that whatever the laws are, they are getting killed on sight. I personally believe that the only good wolf is a dead one! They are wiping out the Elk and Deer populations in Northern Idaho.

Josh

04 F350 CC SB DRW IT HAS SOME STUFF

"Idiopathic, from the Latin meaning we're idiots cause we can't figure out what's causing it." House M.D.
westcoaststrokin is offline  
post #2 of 6 Old 10-03-2010, 10:59 AM
PROUD AMERICAN!!!




 
Rattlesnake18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Posts: 19,401
Thanks: 191
Thanked 496 Times in 415 Posts
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 359 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Weeeeellll, I can see the point. I am currently in a natural resource management program in college here in Colorado. We discuss this quite often, especially in my wildlife and fisheries class. I personally think they should lift their endangered species status. They introduced and protected them in the wild, and obviously they have recovered rather quickly. Now they are going to be getting further and further out off control unless their numbers are kept in check. What I think is ridiculous, is that they spent millions to release wolves back into the wild here in Colorado, and guess what, they left the state and went elsewhere, along with the Lynx. Now that was a great way to waste money.


2004 F250 CC Lariat 4x4

Pro Comp leveling kit, 05-07 HD headlights w/ 6k HIDs, Auto Meter gauges, ScanGaugeII, Sinister coolant filter, Blue spring, 6.4 banjo bolts, BPD FICM, BPD billet water pump, BPD VK688 oil cooler kit, S&B CAI, MTW stage 2, Straight piped w/ 6" single mitre stack, SCT w/ Hybrid Panty Dropper from Chris @ TSD, Fumoto block drain valves, ELC, High idle mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaguire View Post
I'm guessing that you didn't lose nearly as much as it appeared. Spills are like that. The last beer that I spilled was like a million ounces.
Rattlesnake18 is offline  
post #3 of 6 Old 10-03-2010, 11:09 AM Thread Starter
Don't mind me



 
westcoaststrokin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Silverdale, WA
Posts: 27,592
Thanks: 6
Thanked 21 Times in 16 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to westcoaststrokin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattlesnake18 View Post
Weeeeellll, I can see the point. I am currently in a natural resource management program in college here in Colorado. We discuss this quite often, especially in my wildlife and fisheries class. I personally think they should lift their endangered species status. They introduced and protected them in the wild, and obviously they have recovered rather quickly. Now they are going to be getting further and further out off control unless their numbers are kept in check. What I think is ridiculous, is that they spent millions to release wolves back into the wild here in Colorado, and guess what, they left the state and went elsewhere, along with the Lynx. Now that was a great way to waste money.
I can tell you where they all ended up.

While I am still out of state thanks to the Military, I have every intention of moving back to Idaho. I would like to be able to start hunting Elk again. When I was home last weekend the neighbor showed me pics from his last WEEK camping. He found 2 dens, and 6 torn apart Elk. That was in a single week!

Josh

04 F350 CC SB DRW IT HAS SOME STUFF

"Idiopathic, from the Latin meaning we're idiots cause we can't figure out what's causing it." House M.D.
westcoaststrokin is offline  
post #4 of 6 Old 10-03-2010, 11:18 AM
PROUD AMERICAN!!!




 
Rattlesnake18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Posts: 19,401
Thanks: 191
Thanked 496 Times in 415 Posts
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 359 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoaststrokin View Post
I can tell you where they all ended up.

While I am still out of state thanks to the Military, I have every intention of moving back to Idaho. I would like to be able to start hunting Elk again. When I was home last weekend the neighbor showed me pics from his last WEEK camping. He found 2 dens, and 6 torn apart Elk. That was in a single week!
Yup the good ol' S curve J curve. The Elk have grown in numbers, then they release the Gray Wolf and their numbers will be decimated. Then we have to deal with an over population of wolves that will start preying on other animals and then what? We will have to eradicate the wolves in hopes to get the population of other animals back. A very vicious cycle if not MANAGED correctly. We can't protect every damn animal, natural cycles need to take place and be allowed to run it's course. And we as humans are apart of that cycle. I do not believe that it should just be open season on every wolf someone runs across, since they do have their natural roll on this earth, but policies need to be put into place that would allow them to be hunted.


2004 F250 CC Lariat 4x4

Pro Comp leveling kit, 05-07 HD headlights w/ 6k HIDs, Auto Meter gauges, ScanGaugeII, Sinister coolant filter, Blue spring, 6.4 banjo bolts, BPD FICM, BPD billet water pump, BPD VK688 oil cooler kit, S&B CAI, MTW stage 2, Straight piped w/ 6" single mitre stack, SCT w/ Hybrid Panty Dropper from Chris @ TSD, Fumoto block drain valves, ELC, High idle mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaguire View Post
I'm guessing that you didn't lose nearly as much as it appeared. Spills are like that. The last beer that I spilled was like a million ounces.
Rattlesnake18 is offline  
post #5 of 6 Old 10-03-2010, 11:19 AM
Raging Lunatic

 
choctaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Euless, Texas
Posts: 8,803
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Animals thought long extinct make surprise comebacks - Green - Catholic Online

I'm not so sure all the screaming about killing off animals is really true. I'm sure some become endangered...to a degree, but relatively few become actually extinct.........Dammit, outsmarted by mother nature again.

Halito...Sa hohchifo ut Mike
On EARTH as it is in TEXAS
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
"Fast Service Guaranteed...No Matter How Long It Takes"
choctaw is offline  
post #6 of 6 Old 10-03-2010, 11:33 AM
PROUD AMERICAN!!!




 
Rattlesnake18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Posts: 19,401
Thanks: 191
Thanked 496 Times in 415 Posts
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 359 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by choctaw View Post
Animals thought long extinct make surprise comebacks - Green - Catholic Online

I'm not so sure all the screaming about killing off animals is really true. I'm sure some become endangered...to a degree, but relatively few become actually extinct.........Dammit, outsmarted by mother nature again.
Very interesting info. Mother nature always seems to have her way. Now if we can play our part and not throw everything off, that would be great. It just seems to me the "experts" continue to "try" to fix a perceived problem and end up creating another.


2004 F250 CC Lariat 4x4

Pro Comp leveling kit, 05-07 HD headlights w/ 6k HIDs, Auto Meter gauges, ScanGaugeII, Sinister coolant filter, Blue spring, 6.4 banjo bolts, BPD FICM, BPD billet water pump, BPD VK688 oil cooler kit, S&B CAI, MTW stage 2, Straight piped w/ 6" single mitre stack, SCT w/ Hybrid Panty Dropper from Chris @ TSD, Fumoto block drain valves, ELC, High idle mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaguire View Post
I'm guessing that you didn't lose nearly as much as it appeared. Spills are like that. The last beer that I spilled was like a million ounces.
Rattlesnake18 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome