Wolves - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Goin' Hunting! This is for all your hunting stories, plans, questions, etc...

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2010, 11:27 AM
Still Alive

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to westcoaststrokin
Wolves

Western lawmakers turn sights on endangered wolves - Yahoo! News

I can tell you that whatever the laws are, they are getting killed on sight. I personally believe that the only good wolf is a dead one! They are wiping out the Elk and Deer populations in Northern Idaho.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2010, 11:59 AM
PROUD AMERICAN!!!

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Weeeeellll, I can see the point. I am currently in a natural resource management program in college here in Colorado. We discuss this quite often, especially in my wildlife and fisheries class. I personally think they should lift their endangered species status. They introduced and protected them in the wild, and obviously they have recovered rather quickly. Now they are going to be getting further and further out off control unless their numbers are kept in check. What I think is ridiculous, is that they spent millions to release wolves back into the wild here in Colorado, and guess what, they left the state and went elsewhere, along with the Lynx. Now that was a great way to waste money.
Old 10-03-2010, 12:09 PM
Still Alive

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to westcoaststrokin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattlesnake18 View Post
Weeeeellll, I can see the point. I am currently in a natural resource management program in college here in Colorado. We discuss this quite often, especially in my wildlife and fisheries class. I personally think they should lift their endangered species status. They introduced and protected them in the wild, and obviously they have recovered rather quickly. Now they are going to be getting further and further out off control unless their numbers are kept in check. What I think is ridiculous, is that they spent millions to release wolves back into the wild here in Colorado, and guess what, they left the state and went elsewhere, along with the Lynx. Now that was a great way to waste money.
I can tell you where they all ended up.

While I am still out of state thanks to the Military, I have every intention of moving back to Idaho. I would like to be able to start hunting Elk again. When I was home last weekend the neighbor showed me pics from his last WEEK camping. He found 2 dens, and 6 torn apart Elk. That was in a single week!
Old 10-03-2010, 12:18 PM
PROUD AMERICAN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoaststrokin View Post
I can tell you where they all ended up.

While I am still out of state thanks to the Military, I have every intention of moving back to Idaho. I would like to be able to start hunting Elk again. When I was home last weekend the neighbor showed me pics from his last WEEK camping. He found 2 dens, and 6 torn apart Elk. That was in a single week!
Yup the good ol' S curve J curve. The Elk have grown in numbers, then they release the Gray Wolf and their numbers will be decimated. Then we have to deal with an over population of wolves that will start preying on other animals and then what? We will have to eradicate the wolves in hopes to get the population of other animals back. A very vicious cycle if not MANAGED correctly. We can't protect every damn animal, natural cycles need to take place and be allowed to run it's course. And we as humans are apart of that cycle. I do not believe that it should just be open season on every wolf someone runs across, since they do have their natural roll on this earth, but policies need to be put into place that would allow them to be hunted.
Old 10-03-2010, 12:19 PM
Raging Lunatic

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Animals thought long extinct make surprise comebacks - Green - Catholic Online

I'm not so sure all the screaming about killing off animals is really true. I'm sure some become endangered...to a degree, but relatively few become actually extinct.........Dammit, outsmarted by mother nature again.
Old 10-03-2010, 12:33 PM
PROUD AMERICAN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by choctaw View Post
Animals thought long extinct make surprise comebacks - Green - Catholic Online

I'm not so sure all the screaming about killing off animals is really true. I'm sure some become endangered...to a degree, but relatively few become actually extinct.........Dammit, outsmarted by mother nature again.
Very interesting info. Mother nature always seems to have her way. Now if we can play our part and not throw everything off, that would be great. It just seems to me the "experts" continue to "try" to fix a perceived problem and end up creating another.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.