6.4L - 560/1110 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Get er on the Dyno Let's see the numbers!

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2009, 11:35 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Talking 6.4L - 560/1110

Got on Dunbar's dyno yesterday at Smokin' 09. Put down 560 horsepower and 1110 foot lbs. This was with the "310" Spartan tune, DPF/DOC delete pipe, and AFE stage II intake. Only other mods I have are EGR delete plates and a Suncoast direct solenoid. Pretty good numbers I thought. It was 571/1133 with standard correction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2009, 11:47 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

What version do you have?
Old 06-07-2009, 12:03 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzchey21 View Post
What version do you have?
The one that I loaded up was labeled as 310v5 in my mailbox. So I am guessing a job 1 calibration v5
Old 06-07-2009, 12:30 PM

Nice numbers !! that's a high horse tuner for numbers that close to mine. 450 are rated at less horses than 350/250 from the factory. Think spartan is fibbing on numbers? Are those your exact numbers or are they rounded? If rounded I am 540/1100

Last edited by BIGWHEEL450; 06-07-2009 at 12:40 PM.
Old 06-07-2009, 12:59 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Those are exact. The first pull was 560/1110, second pull 559/1104, and the third was 558/1103. That was with the correction factor for temp, humidity, elevation, etc. The standard correction was 571/1133. David said that it was very smooth on the dyno and that he had absolutely no issues with it, he also stated how impressed he was with the consistency and smoothness of the power curves

And when you say fibbing, what are you referring to?
Old 06-07-2009, 01:45 PM

"310HP" TUNE I think mine is 200HP I just figured you would be closer to 600 with such a high tune have you ever done a baseline to see your real gains Still great numbers for no more done to the truck ask the Dodge guys that I bet out yesterday with $$$$$$ put in there trucks
Old 06-07-2009, 02:22 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGWHEEL450 View Post
"310HP" TUNE I think mine is 200HP I just figured you would be closer to 600 with such a high tune have you ever done a baseline to see your real gains Still great numbers for no more done to the truck ask the Dodge guys that I bet out yesterday with $$$$$$ put in there trucks
No body at Spartan claimed the 310 numbers, that was a rumor that got started up. The orginal "310" tune that I have is labeled as Brute Power which is what Matt named it from the start, nothing about 310 horsepower. The rumor caught on though and now everyone refers to is as the 310 tune, including Matt. Some things just stick. The truck that Matt posted the dyno sheets for this past week ran the "310" test tune on a dynojet dyno. The truck dynoed stock on the same dyno at 280 rwhp. They loaded the "310" tune and the truck made 592 rwhp. That is a 312 horsepower gain from the stock numbers. I dont know what kind of correction that dyno used nor do I know what load percent was used. I believe the dyno I was on was loaded at 40%. I also think there is a glitch in my fuel system, or a glitch in the tune/calibration causing my rail pressure to spike and cause the truck to defuel. If its a fuel system problem, then that could be why my number is so low. Just going to take more testing to figure it out.

And I highly doubt that your truck will do 337 stock....I am guessing that your tune is probably more like a 250 or 275....
Old 06-07-2009, 02:42 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGWHEEL450 View Post
Nice numbers !! that's a high horse tuner for numbers that close to mine. 450 are rated at less horses than 350/250 from the factory. Think spartan is fibbing on numbers? Are those your exact numbers or are they rounded? If rounded I am 540/1100
Unless your truck is a manual or and auto with a 4.88 rear axle then it is still the same as the 250 and 350. Just wanted to point that out to you. Not saying that your truck doesnt qualify, just stating the facts
Old 06-07-2009, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08stroker250 View Post
No body at Spartan claimed the 310 numbers, that was a rumor that got started up. The orginal "310" tune that I have is labeled as Brute Power which is what Matt named it from the start, nothing about 310 horsepower. The rumor caught on though and now everyone refers to is as the 310 tune, including Matt. Some things just stick. The truck that Matt posted the dyno sheets for this past week ran the "310" test tune on a dynojet dyno. The truck dynoed stock on the same dyno at 280 rwhp. They loaded the "310" tune and the truck made 592 rwhp. That is a 312 horsepower gain from the stock numbers. I dont know what kind of correction that dyno used nor do I know what load percent was used. I believe the dyno I was on was loaded at 40%. I also think there is a glitch in my fuel system, or a glitch in the tune/calibration causing my rail pressure to spike and cause the truck to defuel. If its a fuel system problem, then that could be why my number is so low. Just going to take more testing to figure it out
That is what I ment "310" would be somewear around 600 like the 592 posted Just some miscommunication I am happy with mine and am not chasing any more numbers just wanting to know what I was putting out. I might run it on my tow setting to see what it is doing that is it Again great numbers keep us posted on any changes you do for power increases
Old 06-07-2009, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08stroker250 View Post
The one that I loaded up was labeled as 310v5 in my mailbox. So I am guessing a job 1 calibration v5
cool cool.

Sounds like you need to make it to the track and just kinda prove things that way... Nice numbers anyway. I need to make it back to a dyno as well....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.