6.0 Dyno Numbers, SCT w/ID tunes... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Get er on the Dyno Let's see the numbers!

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2006, 06:32 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6.0 Dyno Numbers, SCT w/ID tunes...

Finally got my ride to the local speed shop to get my Quadzilla Commander installed. They also threw in the Bilsteins that I had waiting around while they were at it. I didn't get to install the full AiRaid intake that I bought, we're saving that for next time...

Anyway, with the mods listed below, and my SCT Xcalibrator 2, we did stock (no program), Street tune and Xtreme Street tune pulls.

Since all dynos are different, and this is my first time with a one of the 4-wheel variety, I'll leave it to the experts to determine what's what as far as the one they use is concerned.

I'll try to scan and get the actual sheets posted, but here are the best numbers from the multiple runs with each configuration. After 3/4 runs heat soak definitely started to become an issue...

STOCK:

233.6 HP (3446 RPM)
356.1 Torque

20% load

ID STREET TUNE:

365.0 HP (3655 RPM)
524.4 Torque

ID XTREME STREET TUNE:

363.0 HP (3295 RPM)
578.7 Torque

I was expecting closer to 400 HP and much closer to 700 Torque based on what I've read and seen, but all dynos are different so I thinking it's all relative. No puking at all with any tune, and EGTs barely broke 1K, which I was happy about. I think the max Boost was 21 PSI, which I thought was kind of low, so I'd like to hear some feedback.

Also on that note, I didn't see much boost unless it was under load, and or going up a hill. I saw no more than 20 PSI when I was towing later that afternoon.

I don't wanna push my luck, but if the turbo is supposed to be putting out more (I thought on the Xtreme Street tune I would be up around 30 PSI) then I need to look into fixing and or replacing it. I'm definitely happy, I just want to be happier.

I was really glad to find out the shop's experienced with water/meth injection. That's next on the list when I'm sure what's going on with the turbo. We were thinking a Snow Stage II, with probably no more than a 70/30 mix, just have to get the nozzles dialed in.

Let me know what you all think. Thanks,

Matty
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2006, 06:41 PM
im fat and ugly

i would expect higher numbrs with that sct as well
Old 11-17-2006, 06:58 PM

Comparatively speaking, the increase from stock of 130 HP and 220 Torque seems to be in line with ID tunes claims/experience, just the baseline numbers are low to begin with. I'd attribute it to dyno specific peculiarities, and absent a run on a different dyno it's the best I have to go on...

Matty
Old 11-18-2006, 05:16 PM

50ft/lb difference between street and xtreme street???

That normal?
Old 11-18-2006, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06SIXLITER View Post
50ft/lb difference between street and xtreme street???

That normal?
I dunno, that's why I'm gonna follow up with Eric @ ID shortly. It might be dyno related, but I'm gonna double check to make sure...

Matty
Old 12-06-2006, 02:20 AM
im fat and ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
I dunno, that's why I'm gonna follow up with Eric @ ID shortly. It might be dyno related, but I'm gonna double check to make sure...

Matty

ever find out anything???
Old 12-06-2006, 11:03 AM

Stump,

I heard back from Eric (@ Innovative Diesel) and passed his comments and contact info along and my dyno guy's gonna get with him. Sounds like the dyno wasn't loaded properly. I'm gonna have plenty of reasons to go back so that's just fine with me, we'll get it dialed in...

Matty
Old 02-12-2007, 07:51 AM

Ronin, my truck ran a 422hp with Elite and 411hp with ID, but just as your chart shows. Yesterday the dyno tech had troubles holding the direct drive gear on the automatics. You have to be able to get into drive, let it bog down a bit, and then run it up without downshifting.

Your RPMs are way too high.
Old 02-17-2007, 01:59 PM

holy...stock 6.0 only dyno's 233hp? That's like 30% drivetrain loss
Old 02-17-2007, 02:21 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Don't get hung up on dyno numbers.Due to different dyno's and the operators the numbers vary too much.
Most die hard guys will tell you to weigh your truck with you in it and run it at the strip in the 1/4 mile and calculate the horsepower that way.
It is easy to do and pretty accurate.
I would bet with the Xtreme Street you are closer to 400rwhp and with the Xtreme Race somewhere around 410-420.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.