05 6.0 Dyno Numbers. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Get er on the Dyno Let's see the numbers!

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2011, 04:12 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
05 6.0 Dyno Numbers.

Well fellow org, finally got the numbers... Attended the Big Sky Diesel National today which turned out to be a awesome event. After some peer pressure from some friends I decided throw the 6.oh on the mobile dyno. Below is the outcome-

I think 313/631 is a little low for extreme street tune but I could be wrong. Also I know my stock fuel pump is getting weak and the headgaskets are on their way out...

I'll post up a action shot once my buddy sends it to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2011, 04:32 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

wow that seems low, or atleast by wat ive read.....I thought a sct tuned 6.0 was around 400 hp
Old 06-18-2011, 05:36 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koda22 View Post
wow that seems low, or atleast by wat ive read.....I thought a sct tuned 6.0 was around 400 hp
That's what I was thinking, but I'm sure there are a few factors that control the outcome.

Here's a picture of it load up.

Old 06-20-2011, 10:02 PM
Premium Member

Those numbers don't sound right at all, especially for tunes from Eric. I would have expected you to be at least in the high 300's, if not low 400's. Were everyone's numbers unusually low, or was it just with your truck?

Dyno Jet is known for producing rather high HP numbers, and as such is the popular choice for many "Dyno Queens" but the downside is that they don't adequately load the engine and in turn don't spool the turbo well. That's the biggest "factor" when dealing with dynos.

It's a shame you're in Billings, otherwise I'd have you come down for our Dyno event and put you on a load dyno. Then we'd see what's up.

Like you said, you've gotta start somewhere. As long as you had fun, it's worth it.
Old 06-20-2011, 10:16 PM
The Silent Service

That's very low (like 100RWHP shy) of what I'm used to seeing out of X-Street, you should be closer to 420RWHP. I doubt your fuel pump and gaskets would cause that much of a difference, without noticing it on the road. I think it was caused by misloading the truck on the dyno, hard to tell that without being there.
Old 06-21-2011, 11:02 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Hungry View Post
Those numbers don't sound right at all, especially for tunes from Eric. I would have expected you to be at least in the high 300's, if not low 400's. Were everyone's numbers unusually low, or was it just with your truck?

Dyno Jet is known for producing rather high HP numbers, and as such is the popular choice for many "Dyno Queens" but the downside is that they don't adequately load the engine and in turn don't spool the turbo well. That's the biggest "factor" when dealing with dynos.

It's a shame you're in Billings, otherwise I'd have you come down for our Dyno event and put you on a load dyno. Then we'd see what's up.

Like you said, you've gotta start somewhere. As long as you had fun, it's worth it.
The only other 6.0 I saw on the board ran a 365/570, so I thought that was off. Then a friend of mine ran his 00 7.3l that managed 336/718 with a Tony Wildman tune. (This 7.3l that has over 300,000mi on it, which I thought was impressive). I would like to live closer to everybody that does tuning maybe even do some live tuning but Montana is going to have to do for now. The truck is now get studs just waiting for the parts now. So I was wondering what kind of tunes you offered for studded trucks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by colo_dually View Post
That's very low (like 100RWHP shy) of what I'm used to seeing out of X-Street, you should be closer to 420RWHP. I doubt your fuel pump and gaskets would cause that much of a difference, without noticing it on the road. I think it was caused by misloading the truck on the dyno, hard to tell that without being there.
I'm doing in cab stud install now. So I'm going to try the FPR upgrade to see if that's my problem with low fuel pressure at wot. If it isn't I'll have to try one of those Airdog 2.
Old 06-21-2011, 12:32 PM
MARSOC > Seals

quick question... have you ever ran your buddies 7.3L that made 336/718? if so and you won with no problem... well numbers are just off... if it was close or he won... well you have something up
Old 06-21-2011, 01:05 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
For having the the extreme street on a dyno jet I would say you are about 80-100 hp and 100 ft lb short.
Old 06-21-2011, 07:00 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Well the guys that brought the dyno up to the event posted over on the nation about what happened. So after talking to them on the phone (nice group to talk too) I'll be re dynoing the truck in August on the way down to Denver. Also since it will be studded I'll need a nice studded tune for the truck now.

Here's the link: Dyno numbers from NHRDA event in Billings. - PowerStrokeNation
Old 06-26-2011, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koda22 View Post
I HOPE NOT^^ ive spent way too much time and money for 34hp more off a turbo/intercooler/watermeth

I just put my 2006 6.0 on a Mustang MD-800 dyno with road load braking, on my extreme street tune from eric. Im pretty happy, I just wanted to hit 500 and a 13 sec 1/4 mile. I gotta put my video on youtube still

434/651
dynojet 499/749

powermax, banks intercooler, 4inch turbo back, coolant filter, stock injectors, SCT innovative tuning, egr delete, studs, gauges, and water meth (numbers show WITH water/meth on a 50/50 mix)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.