American Driveshaft - Marietta - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Georgia Members Georgia Powerstroke.org Members Forum

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2014, 05:39 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
American Driveshaft - Marietta

Hey guys wanted to see if anyone has used this place before. I need to get my rear driveshaft rebuilt, it's a one piece with a slip and stub that is absolutely shot. I called these guys earlier in the week after doing some google searches and they seemed like good guys who know what they're doing.

I read some online reviews and they were not so good though. Anyone used these guys, or have another shop that they have used. I'm actually a good ways south of Atlanta, but willing to travel a good bit to get someone that knows what they're doing and runs a decent shop.

David
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2014, 05:37 PM

Try drive shaft services. Its about 15 minutes up the road from the other one you listed. They have been around for a long time and pretty much everyone around here uses them.

DRIVE SHAFT SERVICE: HOME
Old 03-24-2014, 07:13 AM

Thanks for the tip. I called up there this morning and they seem pretty reasonable. Hopefully I will be able to get up there soon, can't take the truck over ~60 without wicked vibrations.
Old 03-24-2014, 09:07 PM
DERAIL MOD!!!

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
We used a shop over off hwy 41 to replace one on my dad's f350, had it hooked up to some hey and twisted the yoke off can't remember the name of the company but it was off hwy 41 in Marietta near the RV dealer before bells ferry rd if that helps
Old 03-25-2014, 07:22 AM
Premium Member

I have used American drive shaft before. Let me tell you, you hase quiet the balancing machine in his possesion. and can balance damn near any shaft. The tech school 1/4 mile from there uses him too. I attended the school (chattahoochee tech) and we used him to balance countless drive shafts, includuing some import stuff. He did a good job and didnt take us for a ride.
Old 03-25-2014, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 351fifty View Post
We used a shop over off hwy 41 to replace one on my dad's f350, had it hooked up to some hey and twisted the yoke off can't remember the name of the company but it was off hwy 41 in Marietta near the RV dealer before bells ferry rd if that helps
Thanks for the heads-up, I will check here too

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaisenCain View Post
I have used American drive shaft before. Let me tell you, you hase quiet the balancing machine in his possesion. and can balance damn near any shaft. The tech school 1/4 mile from there uses him too. I attended the school (chattahoochee tech) and we used him to balance countless drive shafts, includuing some import stuff. He did a good job and didnt take us for a ride.
Good to hear. He seemed like a good guy, but the online reviews had me worried. This guy is being easier so far because he will do same day work, and has some Saturday hours.
Old 03-25-2014, 03:19 PM

Quote:
I think this is the place I used. Up on top of a hill? Of so that's the same one, I had a good experience.
Old 03-25-2014, 03:56 PM
DERAIL MOD!!!

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
That's it exactly I just couldn't remember the name and wasn't going down to Marietta to find out lol
Old 03-25-2014, 05:38 PM

Quote:
That's it exactly I just couldn't remember the name and wasn't going down to Marietta to find out lol
That's the place I gave the link to above.
Old 03-26-2014, 04:12 AM

I appreciate it guys. I will let you all know the outcome when I get up there. I live in LaGrange so both places are about 80 miles away. Looks like I will have to take a day or two of work to get it all taken care of.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.