Presidential election - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Georgia Members Georgia Powerstroke.org Members Forum

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2014, 08:51 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Presidential election

This is for GPDA members only

If you meet the qualifications set forth in the Charter and would like to run for the highly coveted role of President please speak up. In one week from the date of this post we will begin voting for the Presidential position.

I will not be running. I am expecting .mil orders out of State, and it would not be fair to the group. My interim position happened to fall during the cold months, but it's been fun just the same. Please, throw your name in the hat, and let the baby shaking begin.

Georgia Powerstroke Diesel Association Charter:

I. Primary:
The Georgia Powerstroke Diesel Association stands as an independent Powerstroke club in the state of Georgia. Its purpose is to provide the opportunity for Ford Powerstroke enthusiasts to share their passion, knowledge, and experiences, and positively represent the Powerstroke and diesel community.

II. Membership:
Georgia Powerstroke Diesel Association membership is open to any Ford Powerstroke enthusiast residing in the state of Georgia. For a member to be able to vote on club matters the following criteria must be met:
II.a. Member must own a Ford Diesel Truck.
II.b. Must display the GPDA sticker on their truck, in a location of the owner’s choosing. Stickers can be acquired after the vote-in process outlined in section II.d.
II.c. Must attend at least one (1) official event, and at least one (1) un-official event or two (2) official events per calendar year.
II.d. Prospecting members must fulfill their yearly requirement for event attendance and then be voted into the GPDA by a two-thirds majority of the voting body.
II.e. Removal of membership occurs under one of two conditions:
II.e.1. Written notice by the member to disestablish their own membership to any officer in the club.
II.e.2. Removal of membership by a two thirds vote of the voting body present. Removal of membership may be warranted by conduct in violation of this charter, or conduct deemed un-becoming of a member of GPDA.
II.f. Exceptions for membership for active duty members of the U.S. Armed Forces. Residence within the state of Georgia and attendance of event requirements for voting membership is waived for those on Active Duty in the U.S. Armed Forces, regardless of duty station.

III. GDPA Club Events:
III.a. An official GDPA event is such event that is organized by the officers of the GDPA. Attendance of 5 or more members qualifies an event for the annual membership attendance requirement.
III.b. An un-official GDPA event is such event that is organized by voting members, guests. Attendance of 5 or more members qualifies an event for the annual membership attendance requirement.
III.c. Conduct at GPDA events will remain family-friendly, as such the following restrictions will apply:
III.c.1. In the spirit of safe GPDA events, alcohol consumption by members of the GPDA will be done responsibly. Public Intoxication, physical altercations, or Driving Under the Influence, are contrary to the values held by the GPDA, and are grounds for immediate removal from the event, and revocation of membership.
III.c.2. The welfare of families, and children is paramount, any member who’s conduct could be seen as endangering to themselves, bystanders, or children is grounds for removal from the event, and the club.
III.c.3. It is expected that all members will attend all GPDA events driving their Ford diesel trucks.
III.c.4. Any GPDA event is open to all voting members, and Ford diesel enthusiasts.

IV. GPDA Club Decisions:
IV.a. All voting members shall have one (1) vote in decisions regarding the conduct of the GPDA. This vote may be held through on-line forum, or by members in attendance as prescribed below. A two-thirds majority of the voting body is required for a measure to pass.
IV.a.1. Households do not qualify for multiple votes, unless multiple trucks are at the residence, and the individual shares in the spirit of Ford diesel enthusiasm. In essence, one (1) truck, one (1) vote.
IV.b. When a vote is conducted through an on-line forum, notification via e-mail will be sent to all voting members. The poll will remain open for fourteen (14) calendar days.
IV.c. When a vote is expected to be held during an GPDA event, notification via e-mail will be sent with at least seventy-two (72) hours’ notice. Absentee ballots, via e-mail, will be counted for all votes conducted during an GPDA event.

V. GPDA Officers:
V.a. The GPDA will have no less than three (3) officers, a President, Vice President, and Secretary. These positions provide a method of organizational control over the GPDA.
V.b. The President will be responsible for overall organization of the GPDA. As well as planning, organizing, and attending GPDA events.
V.c. The Vice President will be responsible for assisting the President in his duties, as well as filling in for the President at events of his/her absence. As well as planning, organizing, and attending GPDA events.
V.d. The Treasurer will be responsible for collecting photos and documenting GPDA events. As well as planning, organizing, and attending GPDA events.
V.e. Officers will be elected to office via either an on-line poll, or event vote with the notification and procedures outlined in section IV. The GPDA will elect new officers upon the position being vacated by the holder.
V.f. Officers can be removed from off via either an on-line poll, or event vote with the notification and procedures outlined in section IV. Again a voting body majority of two-thirds is required to remove an officer from their position. This action is warranted upon failure of the individual to perform the duties of their office, conduct in violation of this charter, or conduct that brings discredit upon the GPDA.

VI. Ratification and Amendments to this Charter:
Individual amendments or charter revision in whole, can only be ratified with a two-thirds majority vote of the voting body, with the notification and procedures outlined in section IV.

VII. Limitation of Liability:
The GPDA does not accept any legal liability from its members. Any conduct of a member of the GPDA is the individual’s decision, and they are responsible for their own conduct.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2014, 04:45 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

So am I reading the Charter correct that it does not require membership to be an Officer? I can no where that specifically requires you to be a standing member to run for Pres. , V.P. or Treasurer.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 02-17-2014, 05:08 PM
Premium Member

While not written, I do believe membership is implied.
Old 02-17-2014, 05:36 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Presidential election

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macon View Post
While not written, I do believe membership is implied.
The fact is, that it is not stated as a requirement.

Therefore, I must make the arguement, that weather you perceive implication or not, if it is not clearly stated in the requirements, and the floor has been opened for nominations or volunteers, you must allow any interested party to participate regardless of membership status.

Last edited by MWilbur516; 02-17-2014 at 05:52 PM.
Old 02-17-2014, 07:06 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWilbur516 View Post
The fact is, that it is not stated as a requirement.

Therefore, I must make the arguement, that weather you perceive implication or not, if it is not clearly stated in the requirements, and the floor has been opened for nominations or volunteers, you must allow any interested party to participate regardless of membership status.

****... I'd nominate you for grand poobah, but I don't meet the eligibility requirements for membership.

I'd really like to see an audit of the current member roster to see who meets... But, once again, I'm not a member.
Old 02-18-2014, 06:02 AM

I nominate myself for Vice President and Shawn Wine for President...
Old 02-18-2014, 08:25 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucOff View Post
I nominate myself for Vice President and Shawn Wine for President...

Interesting........

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 02-18-2014, 09:33 AM

How about I switch it up on you?

President - Patrick
V.P. - Shawn

Is that better for you?
Old 02-18-2014, 02:30 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucOff View Post
How about I switch it up on you?

President - Patrick
V.P. - Shawn

Is that better for you?
Whatever dude. I couldn't care less honestly. I'm just trying to post and interject some humor into this otherwise dull, dead club. Id personallt love to see it back to its former glory. I was actually thinking of coming back, but if you guys got it........ Have fun. I'm not a member, I can't vote, so what I think doesn't matter.

BryceB likes this.
Old 02-18-2014, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWilbur516 View Post
Whatever dude. I couldn't care less honestly. I'm just trying to post and interject some humor into this otherwise dull, dead club. Id personallt love to see it back to its former glory. I was actually thinking of coming back, but if you guys got it........ Have fun. I'm not a member, I can't vote, so what I think doesn't matter.

So does the humor only work one way? I guess so, which seems to be typical.

Simply put, things never had to be as they turned out. Instead of dicussing the issues and/or grievances, you decided to make it a spectacle. It seems as though you think (or act) as though it has to be your way or not at all. Everyone of us knew coming into this, that we simply wouldnt always agree with each other. However you took it upon yourself to make it so personal, it was like a witch hunt.

As we all know, its an open forum. Can't stop anyone from joining in threads. So the question now is, are you here again to do something for the better good of the GPDA, or are you here again just to stir the freaking pot?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.