Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Event Ideas and Suggestions..

10K views 154 replies 17 participants last post by  01LARIAT7.3 
#1 ·
This thread is to simply attempt to compile and orchestrate future events/G2G's for the GPDA.

Currently we have a good majority of members spread out across the state of which should provide a good bit of input for possibilities. With that being said, we should be able to organize G2G's that will allow for any prospective members to meet one of the two required attendances.

This has been recommended thus far;

Fort Yargo State Park
Fort Yargo State Park | Georgia State Parks
Address/Directions
Fort Yargo State Park
210 S. Broad Street
Winder , GA 30680

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GPS Coordinates:
N 33.969621 | W -83.729612
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Located 1 mile south of Winder on Ga. Hwy. 81.

Ideas at the moment range from a one day cookout scenario to a weekend camping trip. Below are a few of the options available for us at this location.

ACCOMMODATIONS & FACILITIES:
• 1,816 Acres
• 3 Cottages ($120) -- #3 is dog friendly ($45 per dog, max 2)
• 6 Yurts ($70)
• 52 Tent, Trailer, RV Campsites ($25-$30)
• 12 Walk-in Campsites ($24)
• 260-Acre Lake with Beach (seasonal)
• 5 Picnic Shelters ($50)
• 2 Group Shelters (seat 80 and 100, $105–$160)
• Nature Center Pavilion ($85)
• Beach Pavilion ($100)
• Pioneer Campground ($75)
• 2 Boat Ramps
• Gift Shop

THINGS TO DO & SEE:
• First Time Camper Program
• GeoCaching
• Hiking and Mountain Biking - 18 miles of trails, Muddy Spokes Club, bike rental
• Disc Golf (fee) -- annual passes available, bring your own discs
• Lake Swimming
• Fishing – jon boat rental (seasonal)
• Boating – private boats allowed, 10 HP limit
• Canoe, Kayak and Pedal Boat Rental (seasonal)
• Picnicking
• Miniature Golf (fee)
• 2 Tennis Courts
• Playgrounds
• Basketball

I think we can all agree that it may still be a little hot/humid for a full weekend (unless we have enough campers with A/C), but by the looks of things the weather is starting to cool down some.

The floor is open, lets make it happen...

See less See more
#61 ·
Well that's to bad lol

#62 ·
So I stopped in the vfw in Jonesboro for a beer and met a guy that is hosting a car/truck meet there here is the flyer he gave me

#65 ·
Yeah he owns a restoration company the vfw is more then will to host an event with a live band if y'all are intrested

#66 ·
I think that's something doable for sure. I'll have to talk it over with my scheduler, but I think this is enough notice to make it happen.

#67 ·
I think it would be cool and we have a huge in I'm a member lmao beers are a dollar also lmao

#68 ·
I'm wide open Saturday so I'll leave the time up to y'all. I got to thinking though and if y'all want to meet and ride in together, it'd probably be easier to meet off Barrett pkwy rather than Chastain. Barrett has more open parking lots that take less figuring out how to get in the lot you want. There is a Target right off I-75 that we could meet at and its less than 5 min from the BBQ festival. When we get there, we'll probably just have to park at the Kroger next door then walk over to the park.

#69 ·
I'm down with meeting up

#70 ·
#72 ·
I just think it would be cool cause its for the vets

#74 ·
Dude the vfw asked me how big I can make it lmao they are more then down they want as many trucks as possible and they have the space food music all of that lol full bar name it

#75 ·
Are y'all still going sat

#77 ·
Any one got a time to meet or where

#79 ·
How packed will it be at the time cause I heard they ran out of food last year

#81 ·
740 Ernest W Barrett Pkwy NW, Kennesaw, GA
I'm cool with it it's bout an hour drive for me

#83 ·
I was also thinking noon we kinda a morning family lmao

#86 ·
Dang it! I can't make the VFW event. We have a wedding in N. GEORGIA that weekend.

#88 ·
Y'all just let me know when and where lmao

#89 ·
How about this:

For those meeting at Target, meet at noon and we will convoy to the BBQ festival and park in the Publix, 2774 Cobb Pkwy #201, Kennesaw, GA,
( I think I said Kroger before) lot next door.

For those coming in a little later, just go to the Publix and see if you can figure out where we are all parked.:look:

#90 ·
Good idea like the concrete answer now

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.