WTB: 6.0 EGR valve - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Georgia Members Georgia Powerstroke.org Members Forum

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2013, 03:37 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
WTB: 6.0 EGR valve

Seeing if someone local has an EGR valve I can pick up for 2003 6.0. I figure most anyone here has EGR deleted.

Truck started doing some funny stuff that makes me suspect the EGR valve does not close fully.

Yes, I know it needs an EGR delete. That's on the list, but time is precious because we have an infant.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2013, 12:38 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Are you looking for a used one to hold you off? If so, have you tried some junk yards around you? They might have some trucks there and I'm sure the EGR will still be in there (if it wasn't deleted)
Old 07-05-2013, 03:23 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Yeah, just looking to get a working valve in there for now so I don't have to look at the codes.

I suspected that my EGR valve was leaking, so I welded it shut. My problem didn't go away (missing when hot).

At some point when I have time, and when the truck is otherwise running well, I'll do a delete. I don't have the 8 hours to spare right now because we have an infant.
Old 07-05-2013, 03:53 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Just a thought, if you are able to weld, and when you have the time, just weld some plugs in your stock cooler. Almost free that way.

I need to replace my oil cooler and delete egr, right away. But I'm trying to sell some stuff to be able to afford it. As soon as I do, I'll contact you if you still need it, it's almost new. Replaced just over a year ago...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 07-06-2013, 10:23 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by berusch View Post
Yeah, just looking to get a working valve in there for now so I don't have to look at the codes.

I suspected that my EGR valve was leaking, so I welded it shut. My problem didn't go away (missing when hot).

At some point when I have time, and when the truck is otherwise running well, I'll do a delete. I don't have the 8 hours to spare right now because we have an infant.
Are you running a stock tune? IIRC, you'll still need a tune to keep the codes from popping up even when you delete it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 07-07-2013, 03:43 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Tune is stock as far as I know. I don't mind adding a tune, exhaust, and EGR delete when things are otherwise sorted, but don't want to add any new variables now. Chasing a rough when hot condition. Runs perfect until oil temps get to ~170, starts missing when it warms up.

Replaced a couple of injectors a month ago. It was running great after the injector replacement, and then all of the sudden started running rough. I was halfway through the tank of diesel, driving daily. Starts and runs fine when cold.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.