SUPPORT THE TROOPS... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Georgia Members Georgia Powerstroke.org Members Forum

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2013, 08:35 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
SUPPORT THE TROOPS...

ATTENTION EVERYONE:

It has come to our attention that there are many of our soldiers, deployed in the Middle East, that have not received any correspondence and care packages.

We as a family are now in the process of "adopting" 6 soldiers with the possibility of more.

Anyone that would like to help us support our troops, get with me and we can make it happen.

Well thus far we have established that our Soldiers are all males. Car/Truck magazines, candies (especially since its Easter), munchies, snacks etc. I have been told there is no PX on their FOB so deodorant, toothpastes, lotions and such would be appreciated as well.

Now there is several ways we can go about doing this.

*I am more than willing to make the rounds and pick up any donated items as well as divide them and ship out.

*I can take PayPal monies and buy all of the items and again ship. I am easy going enough to do whatever is needed to make this happen.

*If you would prefer, I can simply provide you with a soldierís information and you can take care of it from there.

This DOES NOT have to be an all or nothing type of thing. There may be those that would prefer to do it themselves (and that is fine) and those that would prefer to simply donate (and that is fine too). Just simply let me know either way and letís make it happen.

Thanks in advance as I know this will brighten someoneís day...

Last edited by BucOff; 03-28-2013 at 09:50 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2013, 09:35 AM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
thanks brother this is much appreciated. let me give yall some input here.

We are on a small FOB in Wardak Province. We have no PX, or any means of buying anything except from the local populace which is not exactly recommended. Honestly, **** sucks here. I have been keeping track of my guys, on who has been getting mail and who has not. I have a few soldiers that have not even gotten a letter from family. It is almost heart breaking watching these guys when it is time for mail call, and day after day seeing their disappointed faces when they dont get anything. Any help, to brighten these guys faces is a god send.

I gave some names to Patrick, and can get more names from the other platoons if there is enough demand.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:53 AM

Just add some more info, my daughter's 4th grade class is sending drawings, letters and pictures. In addition her dance class, chorus class and softball team have said they would like to do something as well.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 03-28-2013, 10:00 AM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
good stuff patrick! again thanks for the helping hand
Old 03-28-2013, 11:02 AM
Calling all Georgians!

Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Patrick, I'm in. I'll bring a donation the next time I'm up at Michael's shop.
Old 03-28-2013, 11:09 AM

okay, first off at zombie soldier, brother thanks for all you and your men do for us in defending our country. I am sure its not easy being in an area where people dont really want you and even more difficult to have guys who fight for us get nothing for appreciation. Be safe and you guys get back home.
BucOff, me and my wife was just talking and we would like to get the names of three soldiers who need some stuff. We will not be able to send much, however every little bit helps. Sending gift/care packs would differently help raise the morale of the men who are serving.
We will also be spreading the word in our area as well. We will try to get more people on board with this so that we are able to meet the needs of all who are in need. One good thing about living in a small town such as ours, I am sure we can get some more people into this.
Once again zombie, keep up the good work and patrick, get me the info and we can start helping as well bud.
Old 03-28-2013, 12:47 PM
Premium Member

I'm in. I've already started making contact with other organizations to garnish as much support as we can. Thank you for your service Gregg. Being in a ****ty place with ****ty support isn't fun for anyone. Please let us know if there is any specific items your boys are missing and I'll see what we can do.
Old 03-28-2013, 02:33 PM
Premium Member

Okay, I have Blue Star Mother's in OK on board, and the JSTAR unit here on board.
Old 03-28-2013, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macon View Post
Okay, I have Blue Star Mother's in OK on board, and the JSTAR unit here on board.
PM sent Sir...

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 03-28-2013, 03:19 PM
Premium Member

PM replied good Sir
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.