V.P. election thread - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Georgia Members Georgia Powerstroke.org Members Forum

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2013, 07:19 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
V.P. election thread

If you meet the qualifications set forth in the Charter and would like to run for V.P. please post up. In one week from the date of this post we will begin voting for V.P. it's been a pleasure serving as the GPDA's V.P. and I'd love to retain my position. Thanks Guys

Georgia Powerstroke Diesel Association Charter:

I. Primary:
The Georgia Powerstroke Diesel Association stands as an independent Powerstroke club in the state of Georgia. Its purpose is to provide the opportunity for Ford Powerstroke enthusiasts to share their passion, knowledge, and experiences, and positively represent the Powerstroke and diesel community.

II. Membership:
Georgia Powerstroke Diesel Association membership is open to any Ford Powerstroke enthusiast residing in the state of Georgia. For a member to be able to vote on club matters the following criteria must be met:
II.a. Member must own a Ford Diesel Truck.
II.b. Must display the GPDA sticker on their truck, in a location of the owner’s choosing. Stickers can be acquired after the vote-in process outlined in section II.d.
II.c. Must attend at least one (1) official event, and at least one (1) un-official event or two (2) official events per calendar year.
II.d. Prospecting members must fulfill their yearly requirement for event attendance and then be voted into the GPDA by a two-thirds majority of the voting body.
II.e. Removal of membership occurs under one of two conditions:
II.e.1. Written notice by the member to disestablish their own membership to any officer in the club.
II.e.2. Removal of membership by a two thirds vote of the voting body present. Removal of membership may be warranted by conduct in violation of this charter, or conduct deemed un-becoming of a member of GPDA.
II.f. Exceptions for membership for active duty members of the U.S. Armed Forces. Residence within the state of Georgia and attendance of event requirements for voting membership is waived for those on Active Duty in the U.S. Armed Forces, regardless of duty station.

III. GDPA Club Events:
III.a. An official GDPA event is such event that is organized by the officers of the GDPA. Attendance of 5 or more members qualifies an event for the annual membership attendance requirement.
III.b. An un-official GDPA event is such event that is organized by voting members, guests. Attendance of 5 or more members qualifies an event for the annual membership attendance requirement.
III.c. Conduct at GPDA events will remain family-friendly, as such the following restrictions will apply:
III.c.1. In the spirit of safe GPDA events, alcohol consumption by members of the GPDA will be done responsibly. Public Intoxication, physical altercations, or Driving Under the Influence, are contrary to the values held by the GPDA, and are grounds for immediate removal from the event, and revocation of membership.
III.c.2. The welfare of families, and children is paramount, any member who’s conduct could be seen as endangering to themselves, bystanders, or children is grounds for removal from the event, and the club.
III.c.3. It is expected that all members will attend all GPDA events driving their Ford diesel trucks.
III.c.4. Any GPDA event is open to all voting members, and Ford diesel enthusiasts.

IV. GPDA Club Decisions:
IV.a. All voting members shall have one (1) vote in decisions regarding the conduct of the GPDA. This vote may be held through on-line forum, or by members in attendance as prescribed below. A two-thirds majority of the voting body is required for a measure to pass.
IV.a.1. Households do not qualify for multiple votes, unless multiple trucks are at the residence, and the individual shares in the spirit of Ford diesel enthusiasm. In essence, one (1) truck, one (1) vote.
IV.b. When a vote is conducted through an on-line forum, notification via e-mail will be sent to all voting members. The poll will remain open for fourteen (14) calendar days.
IV.c. When a vote is expected to be held during an GPDA event, notification via e-mail will be sent with at least seventy-two (72) hours’ notice. Absentee ballots, via e-mail, will be counted for all votes conducted during an GPDA event.

V. GPDA Officers:
V.a. The GPDA will have no less than three (3) officers, a President, Vice President, and Secretary. These positions provide a method of organizational control over the GPDA.
V.b. The President will be responsible for overall organization of the GPDA. As well as planning, organizing, and attending GPDA events.
V.c. The Vice President will be responsible for assisting the President in his duties, as well as filling in for the President at events of his/her absence. As well as planning, organizing, and attending GPDA events.
V.d. The Treasurer will be responsible for collecting photos and documenting GPDA events. As well as planning, organizing, and attending GPDA events.
V.e. Officers will be elected to office via either an on-line poll, or event vote with the notification and procedures outlined in section IV. The GPDA will elect new officers upon the position being vacated by the holder.
V.f. Officers can be removed from off via either an on-line poll, or event vote with the notification and procedures outlined in section IV. Again a voting body majority of two-thirds is required to remove an officer from their position. This action is warranted upon failure of the individual to perform the duties of their office, conduct in violation of this charter, or conduct that brings discredit upon the GPDA.

VI. Ratification and Amendments to this Charter:
Individual amendments or charter revision in whole, can only be ratified with a two-thirds majority vote of the voting body, with the notification and procedures outlined in section IV.

VII. Limitation of Liability:
The GPDA does not accept any legal liability from its members. Any conduct of a member of the GPDA is the individual’s decision, and they are responsible for their own conduct.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2013, 07:20 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

I will be running for the V.P. position again and hope my service to the club and the members warrants a second term for me.
Old 03-25-2013, 07:30 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Due to recent discussions of 7.3 vs 6.0, I'm going to have to retract my vote from Matt and put it towards someone who's not a royal azzhole.

Just kidding, Matt's been a great VP as I'm sure everyone will agree. He's definitely got my vote.
Old 03-26-2013, 03:55 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Matt's got my vote to retain his position as V.P. and "Awesome Guy who gets Awesome Deals" position.
Old 03-26-2013, 04:02 AM

I will overlook the 7.3 bashing as it's all in good fun so my vote is for another term. Keep up the good work Matt.
Old 03-26-2013, 04:08 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsmith76 View Post
Due to recent discussions of 7.3 vs 6.0, I'm going to have to retract my vote from Matt and put it towards someone who's not a royal azzhole.

Just kidding, Matt's been a great VP as I'm sure everyone will agree. He's definitely got my vote.
I can't help it that the 6.0's are so awesome John.

BTW, thanks for your support.
Old 03-26-2013, 04:14 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Re: V.P. election thread

I'm voting the 3 of you back in.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 03-26-2013, 05:02 AM

I'm voting for Matt also, you guys are doing a great job. Thanks for all you do!
Old 03-26-2013, 05:58 AM

V.P. election thread

I vote for re-election.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide
Old 03-26-2013, 07:19 AM
Premium Member

+1 for Matt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.