Alright you Gearheads and Diesel Enthusiasts!
It's time for another dyno day at PHP, this time however - we're also bringing the action to the track! That's right, let's get some track times to back up these dyno numbers.
WHO: Anybody and Everybody, diesels especially
WHAT: Performance Track and Dyno Day!
WHEN: ***July 19th and 20th*** - TENTATIVE
Please pray for the Wildman family during this difficult time.
WHERE: Atlanta Dragway and PHP
WHY: Benefiting the Wildman Family
June 7th: Track Day
- get there when you can!
How Much? CASH ONLY!!!
Street Legal Cars and Motorcycles $20 Entry
Non Street Legal Cars
Spectators and Crew $10 Admission Fee
Public Suite ticket (pp) $50 Admission Fee
Children ages 6-12 $5 Admission Fee
Children 5 and Under Free
Gates open at 6:00pm Racing from 6:30pm – 11:00pm Tech Closes at 10:00pm
Fuel will be sold during EVERY Friday Night.
THE RACE DIRECTOR’S DECISION IS FINAL!
The following are requirements for street legal vehicles:
1. Shorts are NOT PERMITTED when racing and a shirt with sleeves is required to race.
2. Seat belts must be properly mounted.
3. All windows must be present and in good shape and rolled up fully when racing. (no cracks)
4. Carburetor must be covered: if there is no hood
5. All vehicles must have at least one working taillight.
6. All drivers running vehicles 13.99 or quicker MUST have a full face helmet meeting the SNELL 2005 rating.
7. Slicks are allowed.
8. You MUST have ALL of your Lug Nuts.
9. If you run quicker than 9.99 seconds you must have an NHRA license & Chassis Certification
10. If you have Nitrous on your vehicle you must have a single layer fire jacket.
The following are requirements for street legal motorcycles:
1. Drivers MUST have a full face helmet meeting the SNELL 2005 rating.
2. Driver must have leather jacket.
3. Driver must have leather pants if 120mph or faster.
4. Driver must wear full finger leather gloves.
5. Driver must have leather high top shoes or boots that must cover the ankle.
6. Motorcycle must have a chain guard.
7. Motorcycle must have working taillight.
8. Nitrous oxide is allowed, if securely mounted-DOT regulated.
9. Slicks are allowed.
10. No three-or four-wheelers of any kind.
11. If you run quicker than 9.99 seconds you must have an NHRA license.
June 8th: Dyno Day
- starting at 8:30 AM and going until the rollers stop
Cost: $75 for 3 pulls
- Pre-Register on PHP's website to ensure that you get a slot on the dyno. If you don't pre-register, you can still dyno but only after all of the pre-registers have gone first.
We've had great turnouts for these events before. Please mark this weekend on your calendars and plan to let loose and have fun! More details will be posted as time goes on, and as the little things are ironed out - but rest assured that I will always update this first post to reflect the most up-to-date and accurate information as it's available.
For those that are interested in running their truck on the dyno and/or running their vehicles at the track, stay tuned... I will start a dyno roster and track lineup over the next few days. I'm also working with the staff at the Atlanta Dragway to see about group discounts.
Looking forward to seeing all of you guys again, and meeting up with some new peeps!