Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Rear blocks

839 views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  ZMANN 
#1 ·
At some point I plan on fixing my ride to look right. Since the leveling kit the previous owner installed is welded in, I figure 4" blocks in the rear would put me back right. All I need is the blocks and new U-bolts. Any idea on where to procure them? All I've found are complete lift kits, which I don't want or need.

#3 ·
I have no idea why I didn't think of a local shop. Thank you.

Is there a difference in blocks between Dodge and Ford? I know the front pumpkin is backwards on Ford, but I don't know if the spring mounts are any different. I grew up a Chevy man, then I learned better...

#4 ·
I don't think they vary ? I have a set of 4 inch blocks sitting there from my ford right next to my chevy lol

my ford has 3 inch wide springs so that may be a difference .. but the blocks are likley 2.5 anyway ,, I would have to measure ,,, also you may want to check your angles and see if you want a taper or not ,, unless your not actually going up in height ,, I didn't quite catch what your after

#5 ·
It'll be a 2" lift in the back to counter the leveling kit. It seems every leveling kit I've seen makes the *** sag. Thanks for the info, that will make the search easier. Didn't think about angles, but 2" shouldn't be drastic on the shaft. If anything, 2* should suffice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.