Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Five Star Ford, Warner Robins GA

5K views 80 replies 14 participants last post by  Super Diesel 
#1 ·
Thought I'd post pics of my truck here instead of throwing them all in our talking soot thread. The truck is at Five Star Ford on Russell Boulevard now, getting new head gaskets and an oil cooler. The truck just recently got a new radiator, STC fitting, and some other stuff too.

When they put the truck back together, they'll be installing a Custom Diesel EGR delete kit and Adrian's MTW Stage II turbo that Matt was running. Here are the pics...

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Thanks! Yeah, these guys are super cool. :D Also, in one of those pics - the mechanic has the torque specs for ARP headstuds written in permanent marker on the underside of his torque wrench box. :thumb:

#6 ·
Well, yours may be back up and running before mine. I just hope mines back together before the dyno event. I don't have a crew at Ford to work on mine, for free.:rofl::rofl: I'm jealous, gotta do mine all alone.:doh:

#11 ·
What's up with yours? Need a hand?

#10 ·
Oh wow I didn't realize you had gasket issues. I bet you can't wait to get it back together and get the new turbo on. I look forward to seeing those results.

#18 ·
I hear that Matt. Taking that turbo off and on is a pain. It's really helpful to have 2 people doing it. You going to have Vivian live tune it during the charity event?

#20 ·
Vivian is gonna write the tune for this turbo, but I doubtmy truck will get on the dyno at the charity event if it even makes it there. I'm not gonna strap it to the dyno and push it till' I'm happy with how it's running. We were just starting to get the stage 2 tuning worked out, but this is a different turbo, so I get to start all over again with the tuning. Chris on the other hand gets to just call Vivian and get a tune, you're welcome BTW. Add in the fact that I'm now gonna be spraying a rather large dual nozzle water/meth system as well and there is just no concieve able way that my truck will be ready to hit the rollers.

#22 ·
Got some good news. The truck is back in the works of being put back together. Ford did not send a representative to inspect the vehicle. So all is well.... I should have my truck back to me tomorrow at the earliest. Might take some more pics of it today when I go get my new rental at Five Star Ford.

#33 ·
Wed, Wed, Wed, We're not flaming him about the Focus, we're fling h because he's the boss. If you're in charge and no one is making fun of you or giving you hell, you're not doing your job. Personally I'd love a sporty little compact.

Yes, the Nancy name is catching on.......I have a 13 year old daughter that wants to call him Nancy now!

The older Focus was a decent car but this new one just looks cool. Reminds me of an Aston Martin with the big grille opening. As gay as it sounds I could do one of the all electric jobs around town. Of course I'd have to up the wattage and double the voltage and run dual Mr. Fusion reactors and, and, and.....:doh:

#29 ·
I absolutely cannot believe he told the hottie she couldn't join. He's the President, he could've made an exception. I mean what was gonna happen, all the guys gonna get pissed cause Chris brought us some eye candy? I'm back to contemplating a mutiny.

#30 ·
Dang, everyone jumping on him because he is driving a Focus rental. Heck I'll probably get slaughtered for saying this, but I owned a 2000 Focus for about 8 years and loved it. Sold it with over 200,000 miles on it and the guy that bought it loves it too. I personally really like the look of the new Focus and was contemplating getting one when I pay off the Excursion. And have you seen the new Focus ST?

#31 ·
Wed, Wed, Wed, We're not flaming him about the Focus, we're fling h because he's the boss. If you're in charge and no one is making fun of you or giving you hell, you're not doing your job. Personally I'd love a sporty little compact.

#36 ·
We're flaming him cause he wouldn't let the cute blond chick in the club nor would he try to convert her from duramax to powerstroke. Somethin's just not right with that boy!!! :hehe::rofl:
Well... I didn't tell ya'll the whole story. Just a brief portion of it. She's very much a Chevy girl, talked smack like the Duramax crowd does too. But she was a good sport. She may come to a few of our gatherings in the future, but she won't be allowed to be a member. We've gotta have standards, right?

That's cute Nancy in a focus. I sure hope his truck is done if he drove a focus Sat it would like like a four wheeler sitting in a parking lot full of Trucks and Ex's.
Believe me, I want my truck back. I'm seriously missing that thing. :sad:

As hilarious as that would be, I really hope Chris has his truck back in action with a tune for that Stage 2 and some miles on it. I getting more and more discouraged about my truck being there at all. If my truck isn't there, I'll be pimpin' a 2001 Ford E-250 work van w/ 5.4l, ladder racks, saggy azz front springs and wore the f*ck out front ball joints. :doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:
I still have an EDD of Tuesday from the dealership. I went there yesterday and did some work. Painted the entire underside of the cab with some Rustoleum Paint. I'm sure there's better stuff out there, but this is better than nothing. Here are some pics...

Mike, on the Custom Diesel EGR delete kit that I bought - is this the OEM part you were telling me to use instead of the one that came with the kit?

#35 ·
As hilarious as that would be, I really hope Chris has his truck back in action with a tune for that Stage 2 and some miles on it. I getting more and more discouraged about my truck being there at all. If my truck isn't there, I'll be pimpin' a 2001 Ford E-250 work van w/ 5.4l, ladder racks, saggy azz front springs and wore the f*ck out front ball joints. :doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:

#39 ·
Dang I'm jealous, the floor of the truck looks great.

Yes Sir, that is indeed the hose I was talking about.

So, how many guys did you piss off using spray paint in the shop? You still blowing black boogers out?

#40 ·
Haha, only a few guys. They were more "concerned" that I was going to get overspray on other vehicles. That's why I brought a TON of tarps with me. They were cool when they saw me covering up the other vehicles around me.

And yeah, I'm done with the black snot thing now. Haha!

#43 ·
Yeah, the guys are pretty cool. They know pretty well now. :D

Im still in shock too. He's gunna have some explaining to do on Saturday :punish2:
Don't worry bud. If I run into her again (which I hope I do :sly:) I'll invite her to the dyno event.

#47 ·
Went by the dealership today. The heads are back on the truck! The tech tells me the truck will be ready tomorrow, but he wants to test it first before handing it back to me. More than likely, I'll be able to get it on Wednesday.

Please don't let there be anything wrong... :please::eek:hnoes::please:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.