Tuner Friendly Dealers in Atlanta area? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Georgia Members Georgia Powerstroke.org Members Forum

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2012, 05:12 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Tuner Friendly Dealers in Atlanta area?

Hey guys. I have been following this site for a while now but just recently decided to mod my 2010 F250 CC. I have had a Mini Maxx and DPF delete on my truck now for 6 months. I was just wondering if anyone knew of a dealer in the Atlanta are that do not have issues with tuned trucks and would not void warranties. I live in Sandy Springs. It would be nice to know if anything happened in the future.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2012, 07:25 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Not in any particular order but I have been told;

EDITED FOR THOSE CONCERNED....

Last edited by BucOff; 06-06-2012 at 08:32 PM.
Old 05-30-2012, 11:13 AM

Someone lied to you about Akins. I would have to find his business card to tell you his name but one of the service guys told me that they wouldnt even service my truck with me paying for it with my tuner sitting between the seat and console, he said there was too much liability that they would be accused if something went wrong when the tuners cause the problems. I have only been there since then to get fuel filters. Just my personal and last experience with them.
Old 05-31-2012, 07:41 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks guys. Luckily I have had no issues and about to hit 50k miles. knock on wood. The only thing that I would like to have looked at is the windshield making a really annoying sound on the highway. I do not think it is sealed properly. Not sure if this is a warranty item? Would a dealer void your warranty if they saw the tuner mounted on the dash and exhaust modifications?
Old 05-31-2012, 07:47 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Um.......Not to be rude but posting names of dealerships that HELP us with our tuned trucks for FORD to see is a

You will get that dealership in trouble by the big guys (FORD) and they will not be able to do any more warrenty work to HELP us

Please refrain from posting their name in the public
Old 05-31-2012, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Six0~Stroker View Post
Um.......Not to be rude but posting names of dealerships that HELP us with our tuned trucks for FORD to see is a

You will get that dealership in trouble by the big guys (FORD) and they will not be able to do any more warrenty work to HELP us

I went ahead and deleted my post entirely. Thanks for bringin that up
Old 05-31-2012, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Six0~Stroker View Post

I don't know that it's as big a problem as you think. My neighbor has a 02 7.3 that he bought brand new and the dealership put a tow tune on it for him. Sold it to him and invoiced on the dealerships papers. Ford's not stupid, they know some of what is going on out here. But unless they can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that the tune caused the problem, they still have to cover the repair under warranty. That being said, I'd never leave the tune or the tuner in the my truck if I was taking it in for warranty work. Guess thats one of the benefits of buying an older truck. No warranty to worry about.
Old 05-31-2012, 09:53 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wed Turner View Post
I don't know that it's as big a problem as you think. My neighbor has a 02 7.3 that he bought brand new and the dealership put a tow tune on it for him. Sold it to him and invoiced on the dealerships papers. Ford's not stupid, they know some of what is going on out here. But unless they can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that the tune caused the problem, they still have to cover the repair under warranty. That being said, I'd never leave the tune or the tuner in the my truck if I was taking it in for warranty work. Guess thats one of the benefits of buying an older truck. No warranty to worry about.

What you just said confirmed my statement

This is the common thought that MANY people on this forum have...Please don't throw that nice Dealership under the bus by posting their name

You and me both know that FORD doesn't need no "whithout a doubt" crap... they say you have contaminated fuel with water... Then YOU DO... and you have to buy a new engine for your nice 6.7 diesel

Your theory makes sense, don't get me wrong... But why take the chance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.