Need help from other Georgians - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Georgia Members Georgia Powerstroke.org Members Forum

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2012, 12:33 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Need help from other Georgians

I installed a coolant filter Saturday morning and it appears to have raised my ECT and EOT by 10* across the board. Before I was running running mid to high 180* on my ECT and mid to high 190* on my EOT during normal around town driving and now my ECT hits mid to high 190* and even low 200* sometimes, with the EOT staying about 8-10* above that. What temps are yall seeing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2012, 05:21 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Did you do anything else? The install of the filter should not have changed anything. Did you drain and fill or just top off the coolant after install.

I'm seeing about 188-194 on my ECT and +3-+7 EOT in around town driving. That is on a new thermostat and a 25,000 to 30,000 mile old oil cooler. My coolant filter has always been clean when I cut it open.

I don't think you can blame the filter install.
Old 04-01-2012, 05:59 PM
Real Men of Genius

Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Is the filter clogged? After running the truck for a few minutes (or a short drive, allowing temps to get up to operational temps), touch the filter (but be careful) - if it's hot, then it's cycling correctly. If it's cool, then it's clogged.

Haha, and you definitely don't want to know my delta. My oil cooler is for sure clogged.

It also just may be the weather. It's getting hotter outside. Honestly, your temps seem fine to me. Our trucks like to operate around 205*. That's the ideal spot for our EOT.
Old 04-02-2012, 04:24 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sargar View Post
Did you do anything else? The install of the filter should not have changed anything. Did you drain and fill or just top off the coolant after install.

I'm seeing about 188-194 on my ECT and +3-+7 EOT in around town driving. That is on a new thermostat and a 25,000 to 30,000 mile old oil cooler. My coolant filter has always been clean when I cut it open.

I don't think you can blame the filter install.
I'm not blaming the filter install yet. It was a insanely easy install, so there wasn't even any room for error. No, I didnt do anything else. I just topped it off, but just because it was already a little low. I didn't lose more than a 1/4 of a glass during the install.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Diesel View Post
Is the filter clogged? After running the truck for a few minutes (or a short drive, allowing temps to get up to operational temps), touch the filter (but be careful) - if it's hot, then it's cycling correctly. If it's cool, then it's clogged.

Haha, and you definitely don't want to know my delta. My oil cooler is for sure clogged.

It also just may be the weather. It's getting hotter outside. Honestly, your temps seem fine to me. Our trucks like to operate around 205*. That's the ideal spot for our EOT.
The filter isn't clogged. That was the first thing I checked. My other thought was that the routing of the New lines because they're laying across a couple of the turbo pipes, but I rerouted them to no avail. The weather is what I'm hoping, thats why I wanted to ask the Georgia boys. Figured y'all would know since you're driving around in the same weather as I am. I've been getting these temps most of the week on my drive home in the afternoon, but that was on the highway. They would drop back down when I got off the highway. Now they just stay there on the highway or around town. 195-200*/200-205*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.