well I can finally say the polls are complete. We are doing a zombie walk for Morgan, which is a fantastic idea because they can make SOOO much money very quickly, with minimal work.
lets lay down the facts quick.
- Centennial State raised $25,000 for Morgan with a Dyno Day (we want to raise more than that)
- Last Zombie Walk in Atlanta was in October, and brought out 5,000 people.
- We have Plenty of resources available at our disposal
- THE WILDMAN'S ARE OUR MAIN FOCUS HERE!
now what needs to get done. lets go in order here.
1. DATE AND LOCATION. We need to have a hard packed date and location for this. Without that we cant do anything else. I would like to see an Atlanta downtown street that will have us start at a HUGE parking lot, and complete at a park or another large parking lot. this is for logistical reasons. OR what else would be a cool is a suburb of atlanta on a road with fields on the sides.... that would be cool too!
2. EVENT INFO. What are we looking to do and have? The obvious is the Zombie walk. We spoke about having a meet and greet with possibly some country singers. Vendors for foods and drinks? Commemorative T-Shirts?
3. PERMITS. We will have to get with the City of Atlanta and see what we need to apply for the permits, and what else they require for an event such as this before, during, and after. And get it done.
4. SPONSORS. Sponsors can make or break this. sponsors are a great way for us not to have to pay for anything up front with permits, or insurance or equipment fees, etc. If you have an idea of a company we can hit up, by all means PM me.
5. MONEY. What are we going to do to keep track of and handle cash as well as pre-registrations? How are we going to get all the revenue to the Wildman's?
6. ADVERTISING. Without this, WE WILL FAIL. So radio, TV, Fliers, forums, Facebook, Myspace, craigslist, etc these are all things we have to utilize to get this advertised. the more we do, the more will come!
7. MEDIA. Well this one is a no brainer. this is more for us., gets our name out there in a positive light, and gets our sport, Diesel Trucks, into a better light. After all the tree hugging, Prius driving, penguin licking, Nazi activists dont exactly like us.
8. HELP. ok before i even typed this, I have been seeking out a little help. I found some, but more is always needed. I already got one organization that is willing to help out. I still want to get with the Powerstroke.org neighboring chapters and reach for them for help.
9. EXECUTION. this is the bread and butter of this whole thing. we will have to be there many hours before.. many hours. setting up, meeting with local police, getting *****ed out by local police, setting up. getting *****ed out by local police. you get the point. then actually holding the event.
10. CLEANUP.. cleanup, cleanup, every bodies gotta help cleanup... cleanup and tear down is important, as we want to make sure we leave the area better than we got it.
OK, now that has been said. I have already started throwing the word out about this. Tony Wildman has approved of us to do whatever we want to help out. COOL!
Now i made a few quick reach outs yesterday just to test the waters. With a positive note. I am already getting help.
Georgia chapter, is ready to help us out with this event in anyway needed.
- I contacted my cousin, which is an aspiring country artist, He is down to flying down to Atlanta to help out maybe due an impromptu little acoustic concert.
- I contacted one of my other cousins which is on the USA Woman's Archery team. She sent out feelers to her sponsors and such.
ok guys/gals this is where you come in.. lets discuss this and get the ball rolling