Georgia Powerstrokes Zombie Walk for Morgan discussion thread! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Georgia Members Georgia Powerstroke.org Members Forum

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2012, 06:18 AM
live for the now

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Georgia Powerstrokes Zombie Walk for Morgan discussion thread!

well I can finally say the polls are complete. We are doing a zombie walk for Morgan, which is a fantastic idea because they can make SOOO much money very quickly, with minimal work.

lets lay down the facts quick.

- Centennial State raised $25,000 for Morgan with a Dyno Day (we want to raise more than that)
- Last Zombie Walk in Atlanta was in October, and brought out 5,000 people.
- We have Plenty of resources available at our disposal
- THE WILDMAN'S ARE OUR MAIN FOCUS HERE!

now what needs to get done. lets go in order here.

1. DATE AND LOCATION. We need to have a hard packed date and location for this. Without that we cant do anything else. I would like to see an Atlanta downtown street that will have us start at a HUGE parking lot, and complete at a park or another large parking lot. this is for logistical reasons. OR what else would be a cool is a suburb of atlanta on a road with fields on the sides.... that would be cool too!

2. EVENT INFO. What are we looking to do and have? The obvious is the Zombie walk. We spoke about having a meet and greet with possibly some country singers. Vendors for foods and drinks? Commemorative T-Shirts?

3. PERMITS. We will have to get with the City of Atlanta and see what we need to apply for the permits, and what else they require for an event such as this before, during, and after. And get it done.

4. SPONSORS. Sponsors can make or break this. sponsors are a great way for us not to have to pay for anything up front with permits, or insurance or equipment fees, etc. If you have an idea of a company we can hit up, by all means PM me.

5. MONEY. What are we going to do to keep track of and handle cash as well as pre-registrations? How are we going to get all the revenue to the Wildman's?

6. ADVERTISING. Without this, WE WILL FAIL. So radio, TV, Fliers, forums, Facebook, Myspace, craigslist, etc these are all things we have to utilize to get this advertised. the more we do, the more will come!

7. MEDIA. Well this one is a no brainer. this is more for us., gets our name out there in a positive light, and gets our sport, Diesel Trucks, into a better light. After all the tree hugging, Prius driving, penguin licking, Nazi activists dont exactly like us.

8. HELP. ok before i even typed this, I have been seeking out a little help. I found some, but more is always needed. I already got one organization that is willing to help out. I still want to get with the Powerstroke.org neighboring chapters and reach for them for help.

9. EXECUTION. this is the bread and butter of this whole thing. we will have to be there many hours before.. many hours. setting up, meeting with local police, getting *****ed out by local police, setting up. getting *****ed out by local police. you get the point. then actually holding the event.

10. CLEANUP.. cleanup, cleanup, every bodies gotta help cleanup... cleanup and tear down is important, as we want to make sure we leave the area better than we got it.

OK, now that has been said. I have already started throwing the word out about this. Tony Wildman has approved of us to do whatever we want to help out. COOL!

Now i made a few quick reach outs yesterday just to test the waters. With a positive note. I am already getting help.

- ZombieSquad Georgia chapter, is ready to help us out with this event in anyway needed.
- I contacted my cousin, which is an aspiring country artist, He is down to flying down to Atlanta to help out maybe due an impromptu little acoustic concert.
- I contacted one of my other cousins which is on the USA Woman's Archery team. She sent out feelers to her sponsors and such.

ok guys/gals this is where you come in.. lets discuss this and get the ball rolling

Last edited by ZombieSoldier; 03-24-2012 at 07:32 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2012, 08:02 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Gregg not sure on the details but when I was active on Ford truck world. The Ga chapter would have a big meet at stone mountain park every year. Don't know if that would work for this event but could be an idea to look into. Any ideas on a date at all yet.
Old 03-24-2012, 08:16 AM
live for the now

How far is that from Downtown Atlanta? I'm trying to make it easy access, public transportation, media, etc
Old 03-24-2012, 08:45 AM

It's not that far outside the perimeter maybe 15 mins.
Old 03-24-2012, 08:48 AM
live for the now

Then that may be a viable option.
Old 03-25-2012, 04:53 AM

You have to pay an entry fee to get into the park. So that might hinder some people.
Old 03-25-2012, 05:48 AM
live for the now

well again once we decide exactly where we are doing it, I can work out the details. Most parks that have an admittance fee, waive it for events.. usually. But again,. I am working on getting some sponsors to handle fees,and such. if any of you have a company that you think might want to sponsor this, by all means ask them
Old 03-25-2012, 05:51 AM
live for the now

we really gotta focus here guys/gals. We need a location and date.. SOON. But I am relying on y'all for those, due to I do not know the Atlanta region at all. I COULD find a place out this way, but i'm sure 90% of you would not want to drive all the way out here by Savannah
Old 03-25-2012, 10:49 AM
live for the now

anybody here? BUELLER?
Old 03-25-2012, 11:44 AM

I spoke with a good friend of mine about the walk. He runs a non profit promotional company and would love to help get the word out when we get the specifics. They normally arrange local wrestling events(his partner is a pro wrestler) to benefit less fortunate people in the community but they have a lot of followers that they would be able to get the word out to.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.