Georgia Powerstroke is doing a Benefit show - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Georgia Members Georgia Powerstroke.org Members Forum

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Poll Results: What type of Benefit event should we do?
Dyno/BBQ day 3 23.08%
Zombie Walk 10 76.92%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2012, 01:26 PM
live for the now

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Georgia Powerstroke is doing a Benefit show

As some of you may or may not know, Tony Wildman's daughter Morgan who has 11 has Ependymoma Stage II malignant brain tumor. The cancer has returned and they are facing a surgery in just a few short weeks to aggressively surgically remove it. If you dont know who Tony is, Tony is one of the leaders in tuning 7.3 Powerstrokes, and I personally run his tunes on my truck.

CaringBridge / Morgan Wildman / My Story

Powerstroke.org is doing a Sticker that will donate the proceeds to her.

Morgan Wildman Benefit Decals

Well after talking to Matt, we are ready, from our chapter. After all its hard enough when an adult has this but nobody should ever have to deal with their child having this, and seeing their pain.

So check this out. Me and Matt came up with 2 ideas that would help benefit Morgan, but also help the image of the Diesel Community. So what we are asking is for you to review our 2 options and tell us what you think would be best suited for us and for Morgan.

OPTION #1
Dyno and BBQ day. This is a great way to get money together. We could get vendors to help sponsor this for raffle items. Centennial State Powerstrokes (Colorado) did one last October for Morgen and raised a good deal of money

OPTION #2
Zombie Walk. What is the biggest Genre in the U.S and across the world right now? ZOMBIES. What has recently made Georgia and more specifically Atlanta famous? The hit TV show, The Walking Dead. This is easy to setup and get maximum exposure for Morgan, the cancer, and for the diesel community. Think of this. 1500 or more people walking a mile or 2 dressed up as Zombies. Fun for the whole family. Charge $10 or $20 per person and the money adds up real quick. Have vendors come out to sell food, drinks, whatever! (this btw is the most cost effective as we would only need a permit and possibly insurance)

So what do you think? if you have a better idea, please feel free choose option #3 and post up a comment on your idea.

Last edited by ZombieSoldier; 03-22-2012 at 02:07 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2012, 05:04 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ok, I voted for the zombie walk for a couple reasons.
1) Gregg seems very confident that we can make some serious money for our cause.
2) We can get folks from outside the diesel community to participate as well, increasing our effectiveness for raising money.
3) It would look kinda cool.

Tell me what you guys think. We want your opinions. If you'd rather do a dyno day or something just vote and post your ideas!
Old 03-22-2012, 05:13 PM
live for the now

Thanks Matt, either way i can pull this off. I know none of you know my background yet, but i was chapter president for 2 different chapters of the same world wide car club, and have a lot of experience making, setting up, and running events and have links to multiple media companies, multiple manufacturers of not only car parts but also automotive executives, and other entities. If we do the zombie walk, i might have to pull the celebrity card, and use one of my untapped resources I have. I think we can make the Wildman family a nice chunk of change to go towards Morgans high medical bills.

Also on a side note, the last Zombie Walk in Atlanta was in October, and they had over 5,000 "zombies" walking. I already contacted the organization that hosted it, to see if they can help us with this. just think... if we get half that amount of people, 2500 people at $20.00 a head that is $50,000 we can present to the Wildman's. if we get 500 people at $20.00 a person, thats still $10,000.00 as I said it really adds up. but in all honesty i am shooting for a $15.00 a person walk fee which will include a free t-shirt, for the first so many people that register!.

Last edited by ZombieSoldier; 03-22-2012 at 05:17 PM.
Old 03-22-2012, 06:22 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Alright, I zombied up for the cause. Make us proud Gregg!!!!
Old 03-22-2012, 06:55 PM
live for the now

hey guys, just got a response from tony, and here is what he wrote:

Hey Gregg,

You don't know how much it means to have you all do so much for our family. Whatever you guys want to do is entirely up to you.

Prayers are the most important thing, but we thank you all from the bottom of our hearts and are blessed beyond all measure at your willingness to give. Thank you so much.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:44 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

i went with the zombie walk as well but honestly I'm up for anything to help raise money for this sweet, brave little girl oh btw I'm Shannon, Gregg's wife
Old 03-22-2012, 09:04 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Zombie Walk sounds like a pretty cool idea with a lot of potential
Old 03-23-2012, 03:58 AM

Zombie walk here too. Sounds like a good time for a great cause.
Old 03-23-2012, 04:06 AM
live for the now

i will let this poll keep going for another day or so, but as far as right now, it looks like it will be a zombie walk. Either way tomorrow i will start the planning process.

also I am planning on trying to find a way to make sure the Wildman's are out here for the event, so we can present them the money on the spot.
Old 03-23-2012, 04:12 AM

So I have an idea to add to the list that my wife came up with. It may or may not be possible, but I figure it couldn't hurt.

All of you country music fans I'm sure know of a few of our local guys: Luke Bryan, Jason Aldean, Brantley Gilbert...

Well my wife thought it could be worth while to contact their fan clubs so she will be sending out some emails for me tonight explaining that a group of us here is GA have a friend across the company whose family is in a time of need.

Best case, one or all can do a benefit show or concert somewhere close to help us raise money. Second best, they can help out the Wildman's through a donation, or sporting the new decal on a few of their equipment pieces. Either way just wanted to let you all know I was going to attempt this along with the other ideas that have been thrown out.

Anyone have an issue with me throwing the GPDA name into the emails to give it some more steam?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.