I need advice please - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Georgia Members Georgia Powerstroke.org Members Forum

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2012, 05:25 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to redogg322
I need advice please

Firt off I would like to say hello to everyone here in GA. Hope to be able to go to some get togethers . I moved here about 3 yearts ago and I have been powerstrokless for about 6 months now . Is there anyone in the augusta ,ga area that could help with a no start issue .Truck has never left me stranded I have driven all over the place for weeks at a time and now it is driving me INSANE . It would be nice to hear back from some of you . I miss my truck I use it to tow my race car to the track so i havent been able to go my jeep is to small
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2012, 05:49 PM

Sorry to hear about your truck. Any clues as to why it won't start?
Old 03-18-2012, 02:53 AM

Yeah, you're going to have to give us some more information on the no start situation. Does it always not start, or does it start sometimes and not others? If it always doesn't start, what was the last thing you did to it before this started happening?
Old 03-18-2012, 05:14 AM
live for the now

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
did it just happen all of a sudden? its a 7.3 and i can almost guarantee its a CPS. if you were closer i would run my spare over to you and see if its that, before you go buy one, BUT go to your local International dealership and ask for a Camshaft Position sensor for a 2000 DT444E or just call and ask for part number 1876735C91. It should cost you about $23.00 give or take a few dollars
Old 03-18-2012, 10:00 AM

Well I was driving down I 95 in sept. Towing a trailer and it shut off . I put a new fuel filter in it and after some starting fluid assit I was able to get it started again but choppy. I used very little starting fluid . I made it to the nearest truck stop and it cut out again has not ran since . I waited to get some money saved up and brought it to the shop . The truck was cranking very slow but it had been sitting for a few months . The shop told me it needed a motor because it didn't have any compression. Something just didn't seem right with their diag . The truck has 198k on the clock and it ran great and always had before this trip. They told me they had pulled the valve cover and glow plugs which I recently pulled the cover and could tell that it hadn't been removed recently so I believe I was being lied to . I just put a new cps in it yesterday and after about 30 seconds of cranking I get a slight hazeout of the pipes
Old 03-18-2012, 10:16 AM
live for the now

Have you tries pulling any codes? You can go to just about any parts store and they will let you use a code puller. Going by what you are saying it could be an ICP or even your HPOP died. But go see if you can get some codes off the computer so I can help you out!
Old 03-18-2012, 10:51 AM

i scanned it yesterday and got 3 codes a P0743 which is the tourqe converter lockout selenoid, a P0605 pcm code and a P0470 ebp sensor , I set the truck back to stock and the P0743 and the P0470 came back after koeo test
Old 03-18-2012, 11:17 AM

I put a pair of harnesse in a 7.3 once because it wouldn't start. That's about the extent of my 7.3 experience. The ones under the valve cover.
Old 03-18-2012, 11:20 AM
live for the now

The ebp can actually be unplugged. It's no big deal. It's the exhaust back pressure sensor. It's for helping warm up the motor in cold clImates. The tc lockout I'm not sure what's going on there. Let me think about it for a bit.
Old 03-18-2012, 11:33 AM

if you unplug the connector you should see less than 5 ohm across the two solenoid pins it also says that possible pcm issue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.