PHP deals for GPDA! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Georgia Members Georgia Powerstroke.org Members Forum

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2012, 07:13 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
PHP deals for GPDA!

Ok guys, who would be interested in a FICM tune for an absolutely friggin' awesome price? Dyno pulls, live tuning and so on may also be offered at a discount. I have been researching FICM tuning for the past few weeks. I finally talked to Bill at PHP today and he offered us a great deal if we wanted to get some guys together and go out to his shop on a Saturday.

If you have wanted better throttle response and fuel mileage out of your 6l (tuned or not), want some live tuning or would like some dyno time, let me know. This may be the absoluter best deal you'll get. PHP also offers some of the best 7.3l tuning available. If you're interested shoot me a PM. I would like to make this happen, but need some feedback from you guys.

From what I've learned from my research is the 05-07 6.0's have a FICM tune from the factory that is holding back power and killing or fuel economy. I seen several guys claiming that after a reflash at Ford they went from 18mpg down to 13 and lost power (these were 03-04 trucks that started on the factory flash). After a custom FICM tune they were back up to 17-18mpg and the power levels were much higher. The custom FICM tunes will improve mileage, give better low end throttle response and allow you to get the most from your tunes. Stock tuned trucks will notice a power difference as well.

The new FICM tunes limit the amount of fuel allow to be used. By removing the limitations in the new FICM tuning you get the increased power and fuel economy. Who doesn't want more power and better fuel economy?

I won't post the price Bill offered me, but if you're interested just send me a PM. It's a great price and Bill seemed like he was really excited to help the GPDA. Lets get some folks together. Post up if you're interested.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2012, 07:20 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Count me in.
Old 01-13-2012, 07:25 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Hey Matt, after talking on the phone today I have a couple of questions. First would it be cool if non members got in on this? I thought it may be a way to get some guys that are on the fence involved. Second, would it be adviseable to make sure your FICM health is good so that the flash is not a waste of money? I opted to post this rather than PM you because this information applies to everyone. Thanks, Michael. Any idea how many trucks we need to get the "deal"? I may be able to get 4 6.0s out there, including mine.
Old 01-13-2012, 07:42 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Non-members would be cool. I'd like them to consider joining.

As far as checking your FICM voltage beforehand, you are absolutely right. If your FICM is on its way out, you would need to fix the voltage issue before the flash or you would be wasting your money. I will post a link to the instruction for checking FICM voltage. He said only 4 or 5 trucks would be required and mentioned that if someone wanted to strap to the dyno, he could work something out as well.
Old 01-13-2012, 08:01 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

If you don't know your FICM voltage use this YouTube video to check it.
Old 01-14-2012, 02:02 AM

Interested, sending a PM.
Old 01-17-2012, 08:44 AM

Interested but it depends on the date and my work schedule.
Old 01-17-2012, 02:29 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Would anybody be interested in dyno time or 7.3l tuning if we do this with PHP. I haven't set a date yet because I want to know who is interested and what services they would like before I call Bill. You guys let me know. As of now, this is what I have-

FICM TUNING- Mwilbur, Sargar+1,Wed Turner, Wright337+2, Blue Goose, Curt Lacrimosa, Tigrtrk, Super Diesel,

Dyno Runs (showing off)-Super Diesel (with a space), Bubba88, Outlaw507

7.3l Tuning- BryceB, Tailbone97

Last edited by MWilbur516; 01-23-2012 at 05:44 PM.
Old 01-17-2012, 03:49 PM

I just may have to get something done sooner ( with PHP ). I tried REV-X to no avail. I think my injectors are too far gone. Will possibly be doing some injectors sooner than later. I will also have to be getting my FU2 so I can run those single shots.
Old 01-17-2012, 05:32 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tailbone97 View Post
I just may have to get something done sooner ( with PHP ). I tried REV-X to no avail. I think my injectors are too far gone. Will possibly be doing some injectors sooner than later. I will also have to be getting my FU2 so I can run those single shots.
That sucks. Hate to hear it. How soon are you gonna be doin' the work?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.