Post your experience with any GA garage - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Georgia Members Georgia Powerstroke.org Members Forum

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2011, 01:32 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to OnTheBio
Post your experience with any GA garage

I'm looking to get some MOD work done. To be short, Cliff Notes, my PSD is my toy 'weekend truck' so to speak. I started doing the things in my sig last month. I'm partially disabled and there's a lot of work I can't do myself. Unfortunately that includes anything that requires heavy lifting and with a diesel that doesn't leave much to be done. Because of that, it sometimes sits for days without being touched. It is my 2nd vehicle as of now.

I bought said truck as an xmas gift to myself last year (2010). Outside of tires, oil, and some AutoZone chrome **** that was pulled off before I gave him a dime, it was 100% stock with 119k and dirtier then Jenna Jameson's esophagus.

Why do I need a shop? Medical reasons are forcing me to move and they're doing it very soon. I don't have time to pack my house up and get my truck fixed/back together by myself before I have to leave. I was forced to buy another vehicle because I have a very difficult time driving a manual which is what my Ranger is. I had to have an automatic. The plan was to buy the 350, "personalize" it, and sell the Ranger within 1-2 months but health issues got in the way shortly after and a long delay started until spring....

I went to Garmon Diesel in Griffin and that turned out a terrible mistake and a waste of my time that would've cost them nearly $1000 in labor if I charged them what they would've charged me. It was a terrible let down because they're really close to me. I'd hate to spend 30 minutes typing my entire experience with them right now but rest assured, I will at a later time. Until then, or until I get that $1000 in my pocket, I recommend you to steer clear of that them.

What else is out there? If anyone knows anything about the way Google operates (unfortunately), it's favorable to business' that pay more for higher up search results and subsequently that don't show the 'ma n pop' places around.

Thanks again guys. I really appreciate the help. I know I'm a new person and don't know anyone here but I would gladly return the favors if there is anything I can do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2011, 05:10 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Tim King runs a shop out here in Hiram and he knows his 6.0's, but works on anything. You can give him a call with any questions and he'll be happy to talk over anything you would like to do with your truck.
His number is (770) 439-5508.

I also had a very good experience with Mike Z (Service Manager) and the rest of the diesel crew at John Bleakley Ford. I had a blown head gasket and oil leak under warranty. The truck had been at Hardy Family Ford for over 40 days without any solution. After completely losing it with Hardy and getting the Ford Corporate guys involved, I dropped it off at John Bleakley Ford. Within' a few hours of receiving the truck they had the head gaskets diagnosed and the oil leak fixed. The tech himself (Eddie Streetman)called me and asked if I wanted to do ARP's. I told him yes and that I'd have them there the next day. I had my truck back, completely fixed, in 5 days. They did a complete cab off stud and gasket install. The truck has been flawless every since. Their number is (770)941-9000

BTW, this was a great idea for a thread. I'd like to see it made a sticky at the top for everyone to reference.

Last edited by MWilbur516; 12-29-2011 at 05:19 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.