What kinda stuff interests you? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Georgia Members Georgia Powerstroke.org Members Forum

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2011, 03:17 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What kinda stuff interests you?

I thought I would start a thread for members to post up stuff they like doing so we can get the most out of our G2G's. Throw some ideas out there. They don't have to be strictly about the trucks. Heres some stuff I've thought about for G2G's that might be fun.

1)Track day (obviously)
2)Car shows- There are small local car shows all the time, all over the state.
3)Shooting range/ Skeet shooting-Here's a place- Shotgun Shooting Sports North Georgia Clay Trap Sporting Clay Course GA Target Range
4)ORV park- I've been wanting to take my fourwheeler out to Durhamtown, heres the link Welcome to Durhamtown

I wanna get some more opinions, so post up your thoughts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2011, 04:22 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

If you have never been to Durhamtown, it is well worth the drive. I have have been several times and had a blast everytime. I think they have cabins and campgrounds and a place to shoot, but Im not 100% on that
Old 12-14-2011, 05:05 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

I've heard its cool, just don't have anyone to ride with. I've got a Yamaha Wolverine 450 4x4 thats just itching to go riding. I know they have cabins and camp spots for tent on up to large campers and Motorhomes. They also have shooting ranges. I think it would be a cool G2G spot.
Old 12-14-2011, 05:34 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I agree, a great G2G. I wish I still had my 4wheeler. Its weird I got married and it turned into a new washer and dryer. Funny how stuff like that happens
Old 12-14-2011, 05:52 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

After I got married, about a month later, I told my wife I was looking at fourwheelers. She said, "We need to talk this before you do anything". I said , "OK, well I'm gonna keep looking till' I find what I really want." About a month later she came home from work and I was unloading my new fourwheeler from the trailer. I said "Come look at my new toy". She said, "I thought we were going to talk about this before you bought one". I said "We did, remember? I told you I was looking until I found what I wanted". She was not happy with me, but I got my new toy. Problem is, I don't have anyone to ride with anymore. I'd love to get some GPDA members together and go ridin'!
Old 12-14-2011, 06:35 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Durhamtown sounds like fun. We looked into renting 4 wheelers or side by sides (for 4 of us) and it was just too expensive. Looks like you need to own to make that work. We all need 4 wheelers anyway, right?

Track day for sure. Maybe could plan for a day when Atlanta Dragway was already hosting a Diesel event? I'll ask my Snap-On guy about the Snap-On day at the races that they hold every year and see if another group could tag along.

Dyno day to find out who is making power and who's just blowin' smoke.

An overnight camp out. I'm thinking tents but trucks pulling campers would work too.

Maybe a cruise like bikers do, meet up somewhere (point A), drive to point B to eat lunch and then on to point C for some other activity. Maybe up through the mountians in the fall of the year.

Stone Mountain. There is camping, cooking out, hiking the mountain, Georgia history.

Shooting sounds great as long as we could come up with some sort of safety guide lines. I'm picky about who I shoot with because I have been around plenty of morons at the range and I'd prefer not to get shot. Shooting could be set up into different days/events. Sheet....long range rifle.... How about a bunch of us get together and take a defensive handgun course..that would be a blast. It might could turn into the GPDA 3 gun competetion team. We all have ARs, right?

How about a paint ball war?

A huge turn out at local car shows would be super cool, even in mostly stock trucks. The modded trucks would steal the show from the rest of us.

How about a wrench day? Guys with experience on a certian mod could help others that didn't know what they were doing. I would expect we are all fairly mechanically inclined but a couple of buddies would have made that exhaust system easier, right?

I have seen other clubs have monthly meetings. Maybe we could plan something like that. The first Saturday of the month we meet at an agreed upon resturant for lunch and just hang out and BS. Put some faces to names on a regular basis.

We will need a banner that we can stake up where ever we are at, just to put a name to the group.

I'll keep thinking and get back on this.
Old 12-18-2011, 08:31 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

i myself are more into car shows cause we not only build them we show them..old school,minitrucks,lowriders...lol yes lowriders..i use my truck for what it is intended for..

but im down for for whatever track day is good or durhamtown i have a few race quads i could bring or 4x4's..would be fun..just has to be a weekend im off or ill have to lay out a day..
Old 12-19-2011, 05:12 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Durhamtown is AWESOME!! great riding and some nasty mud spots!

I'm down for dyno & track days bc I haven't dyno'd my truck since I installed the FPR/Blue Springs/new tunes. Curious to see what that did.

I love shooting so you can count me in on those ANYTIME! I think the defensive course would be fun. I've been wanting to do one of those for a LONG time.
Old 12-19-2011, 05:12 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
and car shows!! you can't go wrong w/ car shows!
Old 12-20-2011, 08:31 AM
Real Men of Genius

Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Dang Mike, those are some awesome ideas...

And again, good thinking Matt - this is a great way for us to find out how much we all have in common, besides our love for diesels!

I'm down for all of those things! I've never ridden a 4-wheeler though, I was pretty sheltered in the city growing up. I've always wanted to drive one.

I'm definitely down for shooting and taking a defense course. I'm all for the 3-gun shoots as well.... sadly though, I got rid of my AR. However, I got an M1A SOCOM! And man, I love that thing.

I'm also a gamer, love me some video games. I've also been known to pull quite a crowd when I rock out on a plastic guitar!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.