TALKING SOOT WITH THE GPDA - Page 951 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Georgia Members Georgia Powerstroke.org Members Forum

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Poll Results: GA CHAPTER NAME
Georgia Powerstrokers 5 23.81%
Georgia Powerstroke Association 7 33.33%
Georgia Powerstroke Diesel Association 8 38.10%
Cotton State Powerstroke Association 1 4.76%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree137Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2012, 03:28 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macon View Post
Quite the post up there and some good thought went into it. I'm not college educated either, I just like playing around with chemicals I don't fully understand. It's fun.

The way I would do it at my level is to go to a track, and use the Oxygen as a WOT tool, similar to nitrous. Make a few runs to figure out where I don't blow smoke, and call it a day.

Thanks to everyone for not slamming me for the long, boring post.

I hope we don't hear of an explosion at Chris' house from an experiment gone wrong.

Your test n' tune method is dead on how I would do it. K.I.S.S., Keep It Simple Stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsracing38 View Post
I think you and me are thinking on the same level, Chris. I wouldn't want to inject pure oxygen without adding more fuel. It just seems like we are slowly figuring ourselves around a large circle that leads us right back to where we started...."you know, kind of like nitrous?"
Basically, I think some very fine points have been made but in the end its like the Toyota commercial says, "why buy a car like a Camry when you mcan just buy a Camry?"
If I'm going to inject anything in my truck, I'm not going to try something "like" nitrous when I can just get a nitrous kit off the shelf and bolt it on. I've never been accused of being an innovator though.

And with that, I'm calling it done on the science for now. Reinventing the wheel is fun....but you just end up with a really expensive wheel when you are done.

Quote:

I'm not saying our trucks are at peak performance from the factory, as every one of us has done one change or another to make them run better. I'm honestly curious about what gains can be expected while maintaining a long life engine.

Long engine life....maybe that's why they are de-tuned from the factory. How common are 6.0 head gasket failures from high cylinder pressures?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsracing38 View Post
It'd work, just lean out the mixture a little but the easiest way to do all of this it to just take away a little fuel. From 14.7:1, you can't take away much fuel before it leans out too much and starts to detonate. It WILL mahe more power and be more fuel efficient that way. It just wouldn't live very long.

Lean gasoline will detonate....it is actually igniting the air/fuel from the increased heat...just like a diesel. A lean diesel will be way down on power.

Quote:
When has an Obama supporter sounded intelligent?

I was behind one tonight in his Bruick. A sticker isn't good enough for him, no, he had an obama (yeah, I still refuse to capitalize his name) yard sign in the back window. Then I noticed his tag, INDAATL. Not really, he was in da Between then he was in da Monroe....actually he was in da way. All I could think was WHODAT that only drives 35?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWilbur516 View Post
Obama supporters are a lot like my balls, they aren't sharp and should never be given the opportunity to make any big decisions because they'll always vote to f*ck someone.

Warning- This comment not intended to be viewed by children or liberals since neither are mature enough to comprehend it.
Mr. Matt...you sir are a wordsmith.

Sent from my DROID X2 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2012, 03:48 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Like I said, I made cool bangs for 4th of July one year. Some people have filled up balloons with a fuse attached to them, I simply filled up snack bags and used a lighter. Louder than an M80.
Old 11-12-2012, 04:14 PM
Premium Member

Y'all make your own captions for this. I just don't get it. Don't get me wrong, I like a lifted truck but dang....too much of a good thing can be bad.

The fender said V10 and 48 mph is all it could muster. The truck didn't have a tag on it but it did have "dropped" head and taillights. I really hope this is someone's swamp truck on street tires......'cept we ain't nowhere close to a swamp.

Old 11-12-2012, 04:21 PM
Premium Member

Yeah, that's just.... obama.
Old 11-12-2012, 04:50 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I like the mudflap girl the best. I should get one of those for my truck I'm sure my wife would love it.
Old 11-12-2012, 05:17 PM
Premium Member

I want to give him points for that, but it looks off center, and I see the oval.
Old 11-12-2012, 05:32 PM

Quote:
I want to give him points for that, but it looks off center, and I see the oval.

Lol, I think the girl in the grill is centered, its the body itself that's not centered over the axles.
Old 11-12-2012, 05:43 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sargar View Post
Y'all make your own captions for this. I just don't get it. Don't get me wrong, I like a lifted truck but dang....too much of a good thing can be bad.

The fender said V10 and 48 mph is all it could muster. The truck didn't have a tag on it but it did have "dropped" head and taillights. I really hope this is someone's swamp truck on street tires......'cept we ain't nowhere close to a swamp.

Am I the only one who noticed that his tow mirrors are pushed out? It's a nice truck, but Rodney's truck makes that pile look like a scrap yard reject, Just Sayin'.
Old 11-12-2012, 05:45 PM
Premium Member

The whole package was a rolling train wreck and it's funny....the trucker girl jumped out at me too.

Old 11-12-2012, 05:53 PM

The drive shaft angles look too extreme from the pictures and they look too small. The truck does look cheap. I would expect something more serious for traction bars on the thing. But I guess maybe that's just me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.