TALKING SOOT WITH THE GPDA - Page 127 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Georgia Members Georgia Powerstroke.org Members Forum

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Poll Results: GA CHAPTER NAME
Georgia Powerstrokers 5 23.81%
Georgia Powerstroke Association 7 33.33%
Georgia Powerstroke Diesel Association 8 38.10%
Cotton State Powerstroke Association 1 4.76%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree120Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2012, 05:54 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
On another note, I did get something else today. Something no one else has. Something that will (hopefully) give my truck a little more power and torque.

It's an experimental version of the Super Panty Dropper tune from Chris at TSD! This version is something he said he's been wanting to try out for a while on a truck with stock fuel and air. It incorporates a little more fuel and boost into the ,already badass , Super Panty Dropper that I ran at the PHP dyno day.

I called Chris today to get him to bump up the line pressure in my 3-5 ,until I can get the GoGo Diesel direct clutch solenoid installed , and he started asking question about how the current tune was running. I explained that I was very happy and had no complaints, but every since I saw the power being pushed through my tranny I was paranoid about the direct clutches. He agreed and bumped the pressure while opening the option in the tune so I could adjust as well. Then we talked about my boost at WOT and my EGT's as opposed to other comparable tunes as well as power levels. I explained that the SPD was definitely the fastest and most powerful tune. He then said what every gearhead wants to hear, "I think we can make it a little faster, more powerful and get it to pull a little harder on the top end." I got a warm cuddly feeling all over. Then he ask me to run it and report back on what I thought about it.

I think we're going from WOT boost of 21-23psi currently, to around 25-27psi. The trick is to find the threshold of how much boost I can make before the turbo starts heating the air to much and power is lost. I'm trying to learn to read compressor maps now, but I'm still learning. Since my truck is running so clean now, Chris seems to think my turbo is in really good condition and more fuel can safely be added too. I restrained myself from loading the tune after the grille was installed and taking the truck out for the tranny to relearn (had a family dinner). I did however load the tune on my LiveWire and as soon as I can get away from work tomorrow, I'll be trying it out.

I guess what it all boils down to is........ Our GPDA President won't be RWHP champion for long! BTW, Chris and I also had a long conversation about Nitrous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2012, 05:58 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWilbur516 View Post
Just so ya know...

Bill's been tuning the 6.0L PSD since it came out! We are SCT dealers, but with the vast number of dealers out there, we choose not to sell the programmers. We DO, however, custom tune them (the order form is listed on our website, but it's deactivated temporarily while I update the form) all the time!

We also offer FICM reprogramming (for driveability and fuel economy; we are currently working on some additional power tunes at the request of our customers) and ECM rollbacks (to a more desired calibration).

As for our test truck, Bill ran it at the Atlanta Dragway last October; his time was 12.96 at 102 mph.

This is post Corey put up over at PSA as a reply to a thread about custom tuner options. My question is, who is gonna be the guinea pig and try Bill's 6.0L tunes first? I bit the bullet and tried TSD ( and SSSOOOOO glad I did), so who's gonna try the PHP 6.0L tunes?
i have bills 85 hp tune.. its nice i really like it. but wanted some more power so i wet with the looney and to try something different.
matt what kind of boost were you seeing at wot with the looney?
Old 02-20-2012, 06:00 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wright337 View Post
Why not just take the ones you have now apart and paint them? It would be alot cheaper and you could do something a little different.
The only reason I would pull the new ones apart is if I got bored with them. I really doubt I have the patients to get the lights apart without breaking them. Finesse is something this project would require and I doubt myself in that area.
Old 02-20-2012, 06:07 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by stroker007 View Post
matt what kind of boost were you seeing at wot with the looney?
I could hit 35psi if I rolled into the throttle with the convertor locked, but on a hard WOT run I would see 23-25psi on the dash. I have to get an aftermarket boost gauge (next project) because the dash gauge isn't accurate with aftermarket programming. I would see the 23-25 on all my big tunes at WOT. From what I understand, this is about what all the tuners write the boost psi at since they don't really know the condition of each individual turbo. If you raise the boost on an unhealthy turbo, you loose power due to increased heat. They have to tune under the assumption that your turbo isn't pristine.
Old 02-20-2012, 06:12 PM

ok got ya. i hit 30 psi the other night and i wasnt at wot throttle so just making sure that was normal
Old 02-20-2012, 06:15 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by stroker007 View Post
ok got ya. i hit 30 psi the other night and i wasnt at wot throttle so just making sure that was normal
Rolling into it with the convertor locked, thats normal. Had you dropped the hammer at that point your should have fallen back to the previously discussed 23-25 range. What do you see when you stab the throttle and it runs up? You should be in the 23-25 range, right?
Old 02-20-2012, 06:25 PM
Calling all Georgians!

Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
The new grille. What do you guys think.
I didn't know you were going with the Harley style grill! That looks pretty good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryceB View Post
Looks like lots of us are getting toys! I got a real notice that my PHP FU chip shipped today and the software unlock code for the software to program it.
Bryce, I just noticed... your sig says you drive a 2011 F-250 And congrats! Pretty soon you're gonna be burning thru sets of tires!
Old 02-20-2012, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Diesel View Post
I didn't know you were going with the Harley style grill! That looks pretty good!

Bryce, I just noticed... your sig says you drive a 2011 F-250 And congrats! Pretty soon you're gonna be burning thru sets of tires!
Ya, picked it up this afternoon...j/k... Fixed it. I'm driving the wheels off the '01 green machine
Old 02-20-2012, 06:36 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
I didn't know either. Missy actually picked that grille. The more I looked at it the more I liked it. She has a good eye apparently, I mean hell, she did pick me, right?

Quote:
WOW, a 2011 with a 7.3. He must've really liked the new interior to spend all that money on a new truck then rip that beastly 6.7 out and drop in the old reliable 7.3. He made the perfect truck!
Old 02-20-2012, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Rolling into it with the convertor locked, thats normal. Had you dropped the hammer at that point your should have fallen back to the previously discussed 23-25 range. What do you see when you stab the throttle and it runs up? You should be in the 23-25 range, right?
yea i rolled into it going bout 55 mph. i honestly dont never just punch it cause i dont like how it feels so i just roll into the throttle. but the boost goes up very fast when i roll into it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.