A GOOD DEALER FOR WARRANTY WORK??? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Georgia Members Georgia Powerstroke.org Members Forum

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2011, 05:50 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
A GOOD DEALER FOR WARRANTY WORK???

Hey guys,

I lived in Orlando,FL and now I live in Savannah, GA till the end of the year. I will be moving to SC permanently at the beginning of next year.

Here's the problem, my truck leaks oil (for the second time) and has issues double shifting from usually 4th to 5th or 3rd to 4th? Cant remember. It is still under warranty for another 4k miles (thank God for ESP) and Im wondering if any of you know of a good dealership around the Savannah area.

I work for Dent Wizard, and we do work at Metter Ford, and they seem to work on lots of 6.0s but I was wandering if anyone had any opinions on dealerships. I might just wait till I get to SC and try a dealership there if I cant get any responses from this.

Thanks so much!

(BTW, Southern Truck Shootout in Adel, GA this weekend..if anyone is going, let me know!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2011, 06:43 AM

bump bump..to the top
Old 11-22-2011, 05:24 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
not sure on dealerships bud. i try to stay away from ALL of them. haha!
Old 11-22-2011, 01:20 PM

Ya I dont blame you. Only reason Im takin it to one is because of the warranty. This will be the last time. Im nervous as crap everytime I do this.
Old 11-28-2011, 05:38 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

John Bleakley Ford in Austell has been amazing to me. Its a long drive for you, but for the service experience they provide, I'd make the trip. Give the service manager a call. His name is Mike Z(weird last name and thats how he introduces himself) or the tech who did my trucks name is Eddie Streetman. Eddie called me and talked to me several times while he was working on my truck just to keep me updated. He fixed an oil leak, replaced the head gaskets, installed ARP's and we went ahead and replaced the starter while the cab was off. Thats right, they still pull the cab for head gasket install so you have the option of studding the truck. Those guys are awesome.
oil
Old 11-28-2011, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWilbur516 View Post
John Bleakley Ford in Austell has been amazing to me. Its a long drive for you, but for the service experience they provide, I'd make the trip. Give the service manager a call. His name is Mike Z(weird last name and thats how he introduces himself) or the tech who did my trucks name is Eddie Streetman. Eddie called me and talked to me several times while he was working on my truck just to keep me updated. He fixed an oil leak, replaced the head gaskets, installed ARP's and we went ahead and replaced the starter while the cab was off. Thats right, they still pull the cab for head gasket install so you have the option of studding the truck. Those guys are awesome.
oil
Thanks for the response. Ya it's about 4.5 hours from Savannah, but I have family in Snellville so I could have them go with me and drive me back. Thanks so much for the response. I will give them a call shortly.
Old 11-28-2011, 05:54 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Hope it helps. They were great toe after Hardy Family Ford in Dallas screwed me over.
Old 11-28-2011, 05:57 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwillis2003 View Post
Thanks for the response. Ya it's about 4.5 hours from Savannah, but I have family in Snellville so I could have them go with me and drive me back. Thanks so much for the response. I will give them a call shortly.
Just gave Mike a call and told him you would be in touch. The phone number is 770-941-9000. BTW, he asked for your name and I told him I thought it was Willis. Sorry if thats wrong. Tell him Matt Wilbur told you to call him.
Old 11-28-2011, 06:47 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
ohh Hardy Family ut-oh....haha!

I've heard nothing but terrible things coming outta those lots
Old 11-28-2011, 07:18 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

I constantly recommend that no one spend a dime at any Hardy dealership. They are crooks with a totally incompitant service department. John Bleakley however is great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.