Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Good Diesel mechanic

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  red06'6.0 
#1 ·
Can anyone recommend a good mechanic in the lawrenceville Ga area!
have heard southern truck parts or powerstrokehelp, or anyone interested in some sidework?

#3 ·
thx AJ,
have several problems, slow start and no start when at operating temps. Engine ran normal once started, had ford do a diagnostic on it and came up with low injector oil pressure starting...dummy rail plugs or stc fitting. plus three injectors are questionable. so friday i am driving the truck and lose power, plumes of white smoke, god awful smell so i am figuring the egr is busted. will crank but will not stay running...had it towed home. So i want to do the egr delete but not waste the money on a kit from a performance store, plus the dummy rail plugs and stc fitting if its not the newer fitting.
Seriously thinking about arps and black onyx while the truck is down. did get a quote of 4000 just in labor to do the arps, then later they bragged how they were done in two days with another truck.

#4 ·
HEy man I'm assuming because of your user name that this is an 06 truck. I'd like to do an air test to try to isolate the leak because I've had an 06 with the same symptoms that was the IPR valve and pump itself. The air test can isolate the leak if it is a big enough leak to hear. Have they done the air test? Also with the EGR, if the cooler is busted then we will have to find some way to route the coolant away from the cooler so you're not losing coolant constantly. You can easily block off the exhaust from the cooler but if the core is busted then you have to remove the cooler and reroute the coolant. Are you sure it wasn't a fuel smell?? I know River City has the stud and gasket kit for $699 right now and I would say no more than $2800 in labor for the studs. We always have the heads checked for cracks/flatness which runs about $100/ea.

#5 · (Edited)
No no air test. ALSO this happened when i let the fuel tank get down to an 1/8 th full. wondering if its just water in the tank, it was blowin white not black.
whether i do the studs now or later is optional, i want to delete the egr completely whether its the problem or not. i agree it could be ipr. pm sent

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.