CAT delete ???'s - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General High Performance Everything else that involves speed diesel!!!

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2008, 10:22 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
CAT delete ???'s

OK so I thought I was going to get all this lost horsepower from the CAT delete and took it in to Diesel Power in Paducah, KY. Russ there says that the CAT delete gives you maybe 3-4 HP back. He also says that the CAT keeps your cab noise down. I don't mind the noise hitting the street but I want to be able to hear the radio and talk on the cell from time to time. He said the muffler needs to come off and that will give me some ponies but that CAT on the 6.0's are pretty good. What has everone else found, the ones that have taken the CAT's off. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2009, 03:34 PM

i took both cat and muffler and i lost on the bottom end the truck sounds like a monster but i think im going to put the cat back on. there is a real big lag on the bottom end
Old 10-04-2009, 03:47 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

i would take the cat off, it should not affect your bottom end at all because the cat didnt help your turbo spool up faster if you open the exhaust up more it will help the turbo.
Old 10-04-2009, 04:13 PM

I just completed an mbrp 4" turbo/back minus the cat this weekend. Im glad I did not just for the sound but taking the cat off exposed a problem. After the install I noticed some puffs of WHITE smoke when taking off from stop lights. After checking the usuall like level in the degas bottle (which was good). I called a serv. tech from Ford and explained what was happening and he said looks like my turbo is going out. So, what im getting at is the cat was stopping the smoke before it exited the tip.
Old 06-05-2010, 06:21 AM

I took the cat/dpf off both of my F-550's. Both my 2004 and 2005 showed a little deeper/meaner lower end exaust notes and my egt's lowered about 100 degrees over all while towing and driving. Performance was more mental than actually noticable. I maybe, maybe, became a little faster and spooled up a little faster, but most likely it was all mental.
IMHO- It was worth it.
I also bought my 02 Excursion with a 4" MBRP turbo back exaust and its strait Piped with a 5" tip. Sounds mean....
Old 12-16-2010, 07:26 PM

the cab noise isnt bad at all. i have a 5" turbo back loud as hell outside but inside its like a stock truck. yes its a tad bit louder than normal but people dont hear it on the other end of the phone and you can keep the radio at normal vol and you will still hear it the same. even if you dont get performance out of it your MPG's will go up and i bet someone else on here can back me up on that. about 1-3 mpgs depending on how you drive, wind and all that kinda stuff. BIGDAVE196 not raggin on ya bud but DPF didnt come into play until the 6.4
Old 12-16-2010, 07:58 PM

I dont know man, I took my cat off and it seemed like my turbo spooled quicker. Could be in my head, but if you search for cat delete elsewhere on this forum, you will find that folks agree that it is better for your turbo, egt's, mpgs, hp, and sounds hella cool at the tip. Kind of like a Jet! Only downside is a SLIGHT increase in noise in the cab, but I have a phone setup wired through my stereo and no one could tell the difference on the other end, and I can still carry on a conversation easily in the cab or listen to tunes....Just my 2c, get rid of the cat!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.