190cc injectors with stock turbo??? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General High Performance Everything else that involves speed diesel!!!

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2011, 01:10 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question 190cc injectors with stock turbo???

I have a 2003 6.0 Powerstroke with almost 150,000 and looks like a few injectors are finally going. Not a bad run with the history of these injectors. I have ARP head studs, FASS 150/180 fuel pump,6.4 banjo bolts, EGR cooler delete, Snow Performance stage 3 Water/Methanol injection, Banks Techni-cooler intercooler, tubes etc...So been looking around and a guy at industrial injection recommended the 175cc injectors but said I would be fine with the 190cc. I have the 03 Turbo everyone seems to like. My truck was built in January 03 so prob one of the first 6.0's to roll out. I was thinking about going with the 190cc's because when this turbo finally goes or I get some extra cash I want to upgrade the turbo for sure and I don't want to look back and wish I had gone with the larger injectors. I pull trailers quiet regularly and is my daily driver. I also plan on doing the Driven Diesel Regulated return kit at the same time. What are your guys opinions??? Anyone out there go with 190cc with stock turbo??? Experiences???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2011, 04:06 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I had 4 injectors go out in my Superduty around two months ago. After calling around to several shops and searching through the forums, I settled on the 155cc injectors mainly because all the people I spoke with said that the stock turbo would not be sufficient for 190cc's. I was told that I also could not pull a heavy trailer with 190's because the EGT's would climb too high. Hope this helps.
Old 09-18-2012, 11:37 PM

BUMP.....
i have the same make and model truck and was also wondering the same question about the 190cc injectors.... my turbo has been doing very well and i want to get some more power out of my truck. so i was wanting airdog 2 fuel system and 190cc injectors..... along with a new headgasket because mine seemed to have failed on me. anyone else have a recommendation on these injectors
Old 09-03-2013, 08:56 PM
Premium Member

Send a message via ICQ to Duncan's KR Send a message via Yahoo to Duncan's KR
Stock turbo will not clean up the 190' well enough, and your egts will be higher. Also you might want to rethink that Airdog II there has been lots of guys having trouble with them a while back, it is all on here in the 6.0 section.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.