getting silly in the dually - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General High Performance Everything else that involves speed diesel!!!

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2011, 04:18 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
getting silly in the dually

so this is just a funny story that happened to me last night that i didnt know where else to put it and this seemed like the right place. so anyhow, i have a 95OBS 2wd crewcab long bed dually, jsut got it a couple weeks ago. it has upgraded injectors, ts performance tuner straight pipe exhaust (which will be a stack soon) and other goodies on it, now ive been having problems with my reverse engaging. but my drive gears are fine. so i made an appointment for today to have the trans rebuilt. so last night i call up a friend of mine about 12AM asking if he would follow me to the trans shop to drop off my truck. he says sure. now he has a duramax and swears by chevy. anyhow as were leaving he askes me if if its on the lowest tune, i say of course its not.so anyhow were on our way to the shop and im coming up to an underpass. i decide to coal it out for him. ( mind you ther is NO ONE of the roads, its sunday at midnight) so as i enter the underpass i stab the brake and lay into it, once i hear the spool i let loose of the brake pedal and ride it out (this is what brake boosting is for those who dont know) well in the middle of my 30mph soot showoff the rear breaks loose and i start to get sideways. *BACK STORY* i am a very season drifter, i have a fully rollcaged 240sx with a built rb20, i know how to drift and handle a car in a slide extremely well.

anyhow, im starting to get a little silly, and feeling the body roll i decide to transfer power the other directionand really hammer into it, now im in a full slide in a 23foot long diesel dually and it is going smooth. about 50 feet into it i notice a cop sitting at a local diner.. my heart sinks so i recover and start thinking of some bs story to tell him and im getting pulled over, so i get out my credentials and am waiting for the officer. so im getting a light in my face as he steps up to me and all i hear is "Ricky, you better stop beating on this truck before i kick the **** out of you" after he pulls the light down, its my brother.... i was sooooo relieved but he wasnt too happy, now since he loves me he told me he had to give me something cuz he always caught me drifting in my nissan, so he got me for a failure to show proof of insurance (which i did have ) but all i need to do is bring in my card to prove i was covered and i owe nothing. its his way of letting me go with a slap on the hand.

to sum it all up, i got this truck to slow myself down and i keep finding ways to have fun. i got extremely lucky that it was my brother on duty and not another officer. the truck made it to the shop and i now have a court date. but on the bright side, there is 4 black lines about 400 feet long in the road about a half mile from where i live. and on top of that my buddy now wants a Powerstroke.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2012, 06:13 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Awesome story! Any pics of the 240?

Sent from my C771
Old 08-15-2012, 07:20 AM
Premium Member

Yea anyone else and that would of been a very fat ticket.....
Old 08-15-2012, 06:55 PM

No offense, but if your buddy wants an OBS 7.3 over a Duramax, he's a
Old 08-15-2012, 07:00 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesilvas View Post
No offense, but if your buddy wants an OBS 7.3 over a Duramax, he's a
Where did he say his buddy's want a OBS?
Old 08-16-2012, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stroker0920 View Post
Where did he say his buddy's want a OBS?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RollingCoal View Post
and on top of that my buddy now wants a Powerstroke.
right there
Old 08-16-2012, 04:47 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
That say powerstroke not obs maybe someone else is the
Old 08-16-2012, 06:22 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesilvas View Post
right there
I'm not sure how I missed that one...
Old 07-10-2013, 05:49 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

A few guys have shared a long stories here and few are still sharing but just want to let you know that these guys should share the pics too specially in those stories in which the main subject is cars.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.