Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

4" exhaust for 96 7.3

3K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  YodersStrokin96 
#1 ·
I have a 96 7.3 and would like to put a single 4" stack up threw the bed or a 4" downspout before the rear wheel. I am going to piece it together my self to save money, most trucks I have seen do not have a muffler on them with the stacks and many don't have a cat. I would also like to omit the muffler but I wanted to make sure it would be a good move. Also I was wondering if anyone knew where an inexspensive place to purchase a stack would be?:icon_ford:

#2 ·
try to go to a semi dealer, we usually get ours there, and then just eny exhaust fab place to get the pipe. i got 3 inch DP to 4inch then 5inch tip dumpin befor the rear tire and love the sound.............

#6 ·
96 ford powerstroke

I am new to this page and i need help. I want to know what i can do to get more power out of my 96, its all stock. is there an aftermarket turbo? Its very slow to spool up. has 190k on it but well maintained. i see chips, exhaust, all kinds of stuff but im confused. someone told me simply removing the cat will make an improvement?? help if you can , as i am a newby to the diesel world. Thanks!

#7 ·
it will help it breathe butter, less backpressure to the turbo

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.