6.0 Power on a budget - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General High Performance Everything else that involves speed diesel!!!

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2010, 10:53 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6.0 Power on a budget

Ive got an 03 6.0 with a lower end knock gonna rebuild or buy a reman engine want to soup it up some gonna do head studs and egr delete for sure ive got about 12000 to spend this tuck will be pulling a 45 foot fifth wheel the rest of its life i want lots of power to do so can anyone point me to some useful mods ie turbo, injectors, tuners, exhuast, intakes, heads, what works for yall
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2010, 08:53 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

turbo: garrett powermax cant go wrong with that. its on xtremediesel.com is the cheapest. injectors you can send off to industrial injection and have them make yours into 155cc or 175cc for cheap. tuner: i would go with a custom tuned sct. exhaust: 5" mbrp turbo back off ebay is the cheapest. intake is kinda up to you the stock one is good but aftermarket always looks good under the hood. also if doing injectors you need to run a regulated return and ITP i think is the best. and as far as the fuel pump i would run an airdog II they are super easy to set up. hope some of that helps. most of all tho make sure you do the studs for sure
Old 12-14-2010, 12:24 PM

For $12,000 I'd put a 12V Cummins in it with a built trans, big torque converter and billet flyweel, it'll pull that 45 ft trailer all day long.
Old 12-14-2010, 12:54 PM

i had a cummins and i really like my 6.0 wayyyy better, and believe it or not i was a die hard dodge/ cummins guy till i got in my first 6.0... everyone knocks the 6.0 but the cummins don't have good trans or front ends.. the duramax's i have seen (buddies of mine) are pieces of junk mabye its them idk.. plus if he keeps the engine the truck came with theirs none of having to try and mix and match the parts.

head studs and an egr delete and the green stuff you got a strong runner... my .02
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.