Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Katy, Texas
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
New diesel owner with some basic questions
Just got my first diesel about 2 months ago and after figuring some stuff out on my own i figured i'd post here with some of the stuff i couldn't figure out (and my idiot friends who all give me differen't answers). Now bear with me guys i know some of these are common knowledge but i'm still learning...
1. Can't really feel a difference between 4 Hi and 4 Low when i use it...so what is the difference lol.
2. What's the proper way to engage my 4 wheel drive? I usually stop, put the truck in neutral, then reach down and shift that lever into neutral, then back up to 4 Hi. I'm not really sure of the right way though.
3. My buddy got his Dodge 1500 stuck the other day and we couldn't figure out the best way to pull it out. As in should i use 2WD, 4 Hi, or 4 Low. I just used 2WD and it got him right out but that might have been luck. So for future reference, what should i be using?
4. What's the fastest i can drive in 2WD with my front Hubs still locked?
5. I got my truck used and the guy wasn't sure of the exact lift, he just guessed it was a 6inch Pro Comp. I can't entirely tell...any thing i should be looking at specifically to get the exact lift?
6. Along with my question above, what's the largest size tire...diameter wise, i can put on without having to shave down anything?
7. I have 96,000 miles on my truck as of now, i want to get at least 320,000 before i even think of getting another. Just wondering besides regular oil changes, what are some other things i can do to increase the life of my 7.3? I run Diesel Kleen (Gray bottle) every tank BTW.
Any and all help is greatly appreciated. You guys are great!!!
2000 F250 XLT SB SC Auto
6" Lift, 37" BFG KM2's, 18" V-Tec Raptors, DIY Intake, Muffler Delete,
Cortex 1950 (), Kenwood Stereo/Amp/Speakers, Extra Cup Holders!! ( )
115,000 miles and rolling strong