dpf advise wanted... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2009, 08:12 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
dpf advise wanted...

I have an 08 job 1 truck with the latest updates. Im not goin to race my truck, I just want better milage and some extra power. I run 37s and Im just tryin to decide on the sct, spartan, or inovative tunes. I know this kind of post has many opinions so just let me know what I should run for what im doin. thanks alot
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2009, 08:27 PM
I wanna go fast!!!

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I say Spartan.. My dad has the 275 on his 09 and its an animal!!
Old 05-07-2009, 08:34 PM

i would stick with something you can expand with, spartan or sct. If you dont like it you can ditch the dpf and get better mileage. I prefer spartan, i love the dash daq, and hate the lamewire, The only way your going to bump mileage i feel is to ditch the dpf. Some have reported 2 mpg gains with the spartan 150 dpf enabled tune...
Old 05-07-2009, 09:05 PM

I forgot to mention that im for sure ditchin my dpf. im kinda leaning towards the sct just cause I drove a truck with one. it had good drivability and decent power. the cost is a lil bit lower too.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:07 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Dieseltorkin
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzchey21 View Post
i would stick with something you can expand with, spartan or sct. If you dont like it you can ditch the dpf and get better mileage. I prefer spartan, i love the dash daq, and hate the lamewire, The only way your going to bump mileage i feel is to ditch the dpf. Some have reported 2 mpg gains with the spartan 150 dpf enabled tune...
I agree! Ditch the DPF and get a spartan!
Old 05-07-2009, 09:18 PM

i have a spartan and run the 210 with dpf/cat delete, no intake, and stock back-half exhaust. my wife drives it mostly to and from work. it is around 5 miles one way with 4 lights and a stop sign. milage hangs in the 15 to 16 range. when i drive from vegas to san diego i average right at 21 tround-trip at 75mph.
i just took it phoenix a couple weeks ago and got about 11 towing a 24ft toy-hauler at 65 mph. it's about 6000 lbs at the weight i tow it.

i have never driven sct tunes so i can't make an honest comparison but i will say with the 210 the drivability is the same as stock. you really only notice it when you get on it hard. it is very mellow. it also runs very clean. the only time you see smoke is when you get on it hard and even then it is very minimal.

as far as the hardware, the dash daq is pretty cool, easy to use as long as you can follow instructions and if you can't there is plenty of support on here to get you up and running. it seems like there is plenty of SCT people too.
good luck with the decision. either way i think it will be a tremendous improvement over stock milage.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:57 PM

Send a message via AIM to younggun55
I vote spartan but its what you want to do I guess....some people have both the spartan and innovative tunes and they end up going back to spartan because they think it has better drivability.

Hmmmm...Innovative

Read through that thread maybe it will help you make a decision better
Old 05-09-2009, 08:22 AM

Thanks guys for your help. I know a guy that wants to sell his sct and if I want to upgade I can always sell it to one of my friends and get a spartan. thats the way im leaning now. Thanks alot tho
Old 05-09-2009, 08:25 AM

I dont think your going to be too dissapointed with innovative.... and eric is always working on his tuning i think you'll be happy with the tuning... not so much with the lamewire but at any rate good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.