Ever Feel Fortunate - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-25-2009, 06:50 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Georgetown, Ky
Posts: 393
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ever Feel Fortunate

Last night there were a couple kids racing a few miles from my dads house and one was trying to pass in a bad spot. When he got in the other lane he met a car and they hit head on. It killed the boy driving, It also killed the three people in the other car. In the other car there was 6 month pregnant mom, husband, and small child. 4 people died last night over a bad decision. It makes me look back and feel pretty lucky about some things I've done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 04-25-2009, 06:53 AM
Bird is the Word

 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: West Lafayette, in
Posts: 5,469
Thanks: 0
Thanked 14 Times in 14 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
That's exactly why street racing is never a good idea, everyone ends up losing in a case like this
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 04-25-2009, 06:59 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: lake charles La .
Posts: 236
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via MSN to bryan70546 Send a message via Yahoo to bryan70546
Quote:
Originally Posted by CloverLeafFarm View Post
That's exactly why street racing is never a good idea, everyone ends up losing in a case like this
yep and look at all the kill stories right here on the org about people racing these tanks on the streets
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 04-25-2009, 07:00 AM
Rob Rob is offline
Super Moderator


 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Layton, Utah
Posts: 13,239
Thanks: 3
Thanked 6 Times in 3 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Rob Send a message via MSN to Rob Send a message via Skype™ to Rob
Wow, that is terrible. But to answer your question, yes I have seen some things that make me think " dang, that could have been me or my family". For instance, when I moved my family home so I could do my remote short tour in Korea, we saw a man rear end a semi, the semi was doing around 25 mph going up a 6% grade in northern Cali. This guy was being followed by 2 CHP officers at well over 100 MPH. Anyway, he hit this truck so hard it dissintegrated the whole front end of his toyota pickup and his face met with the lower left corner of the trailer pushing his nose to the back of his head killing him instantly. We drove by as the officers were laying out the flares. They hadn't even covered his body yet. The amount of blood was unreal. I can still see it in my head like it was yesterday. That accident changed the way I drive today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 04-25-2009, 07:09 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Williamsburg, Ohio
Posts: 1,049
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan70546 View Post
yep and look at all the kill stories right here on the org about people racing these tanks on the streets
Yep, if you're gonna race do it on a sanctioned track.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 04-25-2009, 07:28 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Posts: 2,026
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by screamin7.3 View Post
Yep, if you're gonna race do it on a sanctioned track.
racing is like drinking, know when to stop...........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 04-25-2009, 07:38 AM
Bird is the Word

 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: West Lafayette, in
Posts: 5,469
Thanks: 0
Thanked 14 Times in 14 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwalker View Post
Wow, that is terrible. But to answer your question, yes I have seen some things that make me think " dang, that could have been me or my family". For instance, when I moved my family home so I could do my remote short tour in Korea, we saw a man rear end a semi, the semi was doing around 25 mph going up a 6% grade in northern Cali. This guy was being followed by 2 CHP officers at well over 100 MPH. Anyway, he hit this truck so hard it dissintegrated the whole front end of his toyota pickup and his face met with the lower left corner of the trailer pushing his nose to the back of his head killing him instantly. We drove by as the officers were laying out the flares. They hadn't even covered his body yet. The amount of blood was unreal. I can still see it in my head like it was yesterday. That accident changed the way I drive today.
situations like that can change the way you drive for sure
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 04-25-2009, 07:39 AM
Infidel

 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,167
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
But for the grace of God go I.

Craig
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors