Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

How far have you gone for a truck

2K views 24 replies 17 participants last post by  SMKSTAX 
#1 ·
Whats the furthest you guys have travelled for a truck, or any vehicle really? After doing searches on autotrader and various other sites, it seems that vehicles out west go for about half of what they do close to where i live in Ohio.

F250's and F350's ive found around me people and dealers are asking anywhere from 8 to about 12 grand on trucks with anywhere from 80K to 300K miles on them. searches that have turned up trucks that are further west are going for about half that with the same setup/miles.

I'd really love to find me a Crew Cab long bed but its seeming to find any that are remotely affordable i'll have to head a good bit of miles out there to find one

#4 ·
I went about 3 hours one way for mine, i live in NW ohio and drove to Covington (north) KY.

#11 ·
My buddy Nick is considering selling his OBS 7.3. Not a bad truck, i think he wants 6 or 7 out of it. Its got a bit of rust, common for ohio, but not horrible. Mechanically is very sound, and he drives it pretty easy. You can PM him, his handle is GM Duraturd.

#13 ·
Dallas Ft. Worth from Toronto Ontario

#17 ·
Here's my two cents. I Live in NY, about 70 miles north of NYC. I drove to Rocky Mount NC to buy my Harley and saved about $2,000. I Flew to North Carolina and bought a 2004 Excursion. It was a year old, the original owner paid $46,000, I paid $20,000. I drove to Kodiak TN to buy a fifth wheel, the original owner paid $48,000 I paid $22,000 two years later. I just bought a 2006 F350 CC Lariat Diesel from Houston TX and saved at least $5,000. I had it shipped, first time for that, I am still waiting for it but the savings are unreal if you are willing to go out a little. I could not have saved this money locally. I only buy beaters locally. If you are serious about anything, look farther, it pays.

#19 ·
I bought my 84 caprice classic in erie, penn and I'm in cincinnati, ohio.

#24 ·
I went to New Hampshire for my black F 250 which was about 400 miles one way, an 18 hour roundtrip

#25 ·
I went from northeast PA to central Virginia for my truck. About a 14 hour round trip.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.