New to board, not to diesels but have questions - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2009, 01:01 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to JBrown8321
Smile New to board, not to diesels but have questions

Hi guys, my name is Jamie from SC. I am now the proud owner of a 2002 f250 7.3. This is the first diesel that I have owned myself. Been driving diesels since I was 15, from pickups to 18 wheelers. From what I am told this trucks has a few mods on it, they say it has a bigger turbo, its a garret turbo, don't know what stock is. (hope someone tell me) It has a big exhaust, looks like either 4 or 5 inch, I didn't measure it. It also has a big air filter with like the same size pipe as the exhaust. From the engine to the air filter it looks custom, never seen the same pipe run on other trucks, unless I just haven't paid much attention to the others, u know, had to look at my engine and smile for like 30 min straight. When I let off the throttle I hear a woosh sound, kinda like what I am guessing is the waste gate closing or something, again, nothing like other trucks. (again, can someone answer) I am really happy with the truck, I got it because I needed something I can ride hard all day and put up wet and it be happy to ride hard the next day. I am on the road alot and need something I can trust, never have been able to find that in a gas job. Sry for such a long post but wanted to get my questions and comments out, didn't want to write alot of post, trying to get it in 1 or 2.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2009, 01:05 PM
The Fat Mod

to the ORG. Sounds like a 4" turbo back system with maybe a Tymar upgrade filter in the front with a 4" pipe there too. Woosh is the waste gate. You should enjoy it. Get some pics when you can.
Old 04-11-2009, 01:13 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I am going to get some pics as soon as I get home from Easter. I was happy when the trip computer said I could go over 500 miles on the tank of fuel I had, most I ever got in my ranger was 275, in any other truck was just at 400. The only truck I could get more was the big truck were I could go 1500 miles but I also had 300 gallons to burn. I don't think I am going to do any engine mods or chips right now, going to get use to the truck first, what I would like to do is get ranch hand bumpers for it. Has anyone had any experience with the weight of ranch hand front bumpers with a 2 wheel drive, does it put too much weight on it?
Old 04-11-2009, 01:19 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I have never had one but here is a bump
Old 04-11-2009, 01:57 PM
The Fat Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBrown8321 View Post
I am going to get some pics as soon as I get home from Easter. I was happy when the trip computer said I could go over 500 miles on the tank of fuel I had, most I ever got in my ranger was 275, in any other truck was just at 400. The only truck I could get more was the big truck were I could go 1500 miles but I also had 300 gallons to burn. I don't think I am going to do any engine mods or chips right now, going to get use to the truck first, what I would like to do is get ranch hand bumpers for it. Has anyone had any experience with the weight of ranch hand front bumpers with a 2 wheel drive, does it put too much weight on it?
They are heavy, but the truck will be fine. No worries at all. It sounds like you picked up a long bed.
Old 04-11-2009, 02:03 PM
Emergency Services

welcome to the org
Old 04-11-2009, 02:38 PM

welcome to the org. its a great place with great people. you will find a lot of helpful info on here. best forum i ever been on and im sure others will say the same.
fyi, you did choose the right truck for reliability with the unstoppable 7.3
Old 04-11-2009, 06:19 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

What is the horsepower gain with the larger intake and exhaust?
Old 04-11-2009, 06:40 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

hi,im kinda new also.I have a 2000 7.3 w/garrett turbo .The reliability part,,the weak link is your tranny.I put a edge programmer,a 4" turbo back mbpr pipe,and to get rid of that woosh,,,turbo stall,i installed a wicked wheel and waste gate controller from bd.It also gets me about 8 more lbs of boost.My suggestion is to get a good programmer for power,,,a exhaust to keep egts cool,and to make it sound like it should.Then,bank some money ,because it sounds like you drive it hard,,,so do I.Just those upgrades are gonna smoke that peewee transmission.You are gonna love the power that just these few mods can create,,then beware,,this craps addictive.
Old 04-11-2009, 06:50 PM

Sounds like a sweet truck man and the 7.3's and 6.0's come stock with garrett turbos but if its and upgraded one its probably the GTP38R which is a sweet turbo from what i hear (never got a chance to put one on mine) or it may just have a wicked wheel in it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.