Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

New Member Intro

2K views 27 replies 17 participants last post by  symbols 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi there, new to the forum and new to the POWERSTROKE.

My name is Neal, have been married to Kam for 14 years and have 4 kids aged 12 to 2. Family is into dirt-biking and are looking to expand into camping and boating and believe the F250 is the way to go.

We picked up a black/silver 2008 F250 Lariat 4x4 PSD with bench seat yesterday and just can't get over this monster. The boys think it is a MONSTER TRUCK!

I do have two questions:
1) I picked up the truck at 9pm last night and today noticed a dimple/dent in the front of the hood and scratches in the chrome 'S' of SUPER and am now wondering if someone dropped a wrench on it during PDI or I just missed it when inspecting it before it went to PDI. Do I follow up with the dealer or suck it up? It is a truck afterall and will get dents and scratches.
2) After parking today the interior and rear lights will not go off. I did an internet search and found some info on the door sensor but have no idea where it is or what to do. I'll ask the dealer to relube the door locks but would like to know if there is a quick fix.

Anyway, it's been a dream to own an F250 PSD and now I can't believe I have one. Here's hoping for many great years together and I look forward to sharing our experiences with the people here.

Cheers,
Neal

See less See more
#2 ·
HOWZIT GOIN' NEAL!!! Welcome Aboard The ORG!! Great place here..... it's an addiction here and owning a PSD. Lot's of knowledge on here with some great members. Someone will chime in w/ info to help with your newer PSD. ENJOY!!

#6 · (Edited)
Welcome to the Org, and congrats on owning your first Power Stroke. I am on my first as well and am totally addicted. :thumb: no more gas trucks for me.
Thanks 19558077 & doubledrop.

Milage so far: I managed to get it up to 13 mpg on the way home from the dealer. Today it dropped to 11.8 mpg with all the slow speed town driving.

BTW, I manged to find a thread and pic concerning interior lights staying on:

Spray all the door latches with something like WD-40, open and shut the doors a bunch and that should take care of it. Here is a pic of where you want to spray.

#7 ·
Welcome to the org bud. :thumb:

If it were me, I would probably go to the dealer and just talk to them. If they take care of it free, awesome, if they don't, well that sucks. Either way, you don't have much to lose. Hopefully they will be pretty cool about it and just take care of it for you.

When you say lights, you talkin about the dome lights staying on?

#11 ·
On my 07 Lariat the dome light stays on for a while until it times out and then it shuts off.
I can make them shut off if I use the door key pad proper numbers to lock the doors. Also if you have the headlights on the timed setting they will stay on until time out. I wouldn't think an 08 would be corroded yet. Check your owners manual and see if it says anything in there about the lights staying on. Enjoy the new truck.
Bill

#12 ·
Welcome to Powerstroke.org
:welcome1::welcome2::welcome1::welcome2::welcome1::welcome2::welcome1:​

#13 ·
Thanks for the additional welcome.

I learned today that my dome lights stay on due to the fact that the dimmer switch is all the way up - click it one notch down and all was well.

Dealer also said they would fix the dent/scratch and will call me tomorrow about the details.

Cheers,
Neal

#15 ·
Cheers? Where are you from Neal??:dunno:

#14 ·
Welcome to the Org. I hope they get the dent/scratch fixed right for you.

#17 ·
I went in on Friday and dealer had a dent guy pop out the dent and they tried to fill in the scratch but it is too deep. It is only an inch long but right on the bend of the hood - so it shows.

MHF has done a great job at looking after us and have gone the extra mile but the wife was still unhappy - she asked them to swap out the hood with another black F250 on the lot. I said why not cover it with a chrome bug deflector. She went and checked one already on a King Ranch and she liked it. MHF said if that would make us happy they would do it.

Tomorrow I take 'the Dark Knight' in for his nose-job!

#18 ·
Glad MHF is treating somebody right. Was going to trade a 4 month old 7.3 IDI in on a new 1st year Powerstroke in 1994 and nearly got hauled to jail for kicking the sales managers azz on the showroom floor. This is when they were up on N. Broadway and 235. Ain't been back....... Bought many diesel pickups but never from them.....

Congrats on the truck and get us some pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#19 ·
Mel Hambleton fitted the chrome bug shield yesterday. It does not cover the scratch but it does hide it. Jury is still out on the looks of the bug shield.

All-in-all MHF has treated me very well and have gone beyond what was expected. Chris and Nick in internet sales were great, Kent in finance was very professional and Tom in service a pleasure to work with. In fact Tom has asked me to return the truck next Tuesday so it can be detailed.

KUDOS' to Mel Hambleton :icon_ford:

#22 ·
Thanks BB. Funny thing is I never even considered a black truck. I was looking at white, blue and red as my first choices. However, the 2008's were disappearing quickly and I had a lock on a white on 3 hours away. I thought I'd check out the local guys first and lo-and-behold I liked the black/silver combo.

Deal was done an hour after I first laid eyes on her :icon_ford:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.