Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

School me again plz

1K views 19 replies 4 participants last post by  Tony V 
#1 ·
On a TC is the billet front cover just for looks or does it serve a purpose?

#5 ·
While im at it uh I am trying to move out this year *low on cash at the moment lol* and I was wondering what is a more important thing for the trans. A valvebody or a TC? Or is it wrong 2 run one without the other?

#8 ·
Ok so first is a VB then a TC. Ok later on once im moved im going to get a BTS for sure. i wonder if I buy BTS items when I go to get mine built they can use the parts i've bought already.

#12 ·
True/False. Depending on the converter, you can kill the trans if the trans isn't in good shape. If the old converter was getting the trans to hot and damage is already there.. it's a band-aid approach at best. I'm speaking about transmissions out there that have over 100k on them. Each situation is different.

Get a good valve body and GOOD tuning with the new converter and make sure your trans cooler is in good shape. Watch your gauges. I never let my trans hit 190*.

#10 ·
Just buy the VB now. They can reuse it when they rebuild the trans and get the new converter then. EVERY TIME I've had to pull my trans when something broke.. I sent in my converter to get checked out or I just replaced it. Trash + converter = damage = more trash to kill the trans. Most of the time you can get away reusing the converter, but I'm paranoid.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.