OMG, now what do I do? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2009, 03:53 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Jason.
OMG, now what do I do?

Ok, so I've been towing a 5000lb trailer with 5000 lbs of stuff in it all weekend (which not to mention, came unhooked over a speedbump and flew off, starting my bad week), so I had my SCT on the towing tune, well I just got back from the grocery store, and surprise surprise, my tuner was in the backseat floorboard, and a gallon of milk was set on top of it, plugged it in and ofcourse the screen was cracked and solid blue, so in a fit of rage, because it's been one of those weeks, I punched it a few times, and slung it out of the truck causing that much more damage.

So now, even if I order a new one, the tow tune is stuck on my truck from that last one, and it would need to be returned to stock, WTF do I even do about this? I'm so over this week, when it rains boy does it pour.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2009, 03:58 PM
Premium Member

You can talk with SCT and they can rewrite a stock file for you. Had to do this to mine when my SCT lost power while swapping tunes.
Old 03-22-2009, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foamy View Post
You can talk with SCT and they can rewrite a stock file for you. Had to do this to mine when my SCT lost power while swapping tunes.
Yeah but the thing is, the screen is broken, so I can't go through the menus to do any tuning.

If I get another programmer, I don't think it's going to work because the old one is stuck on my truck now, since I have no screen, I can't take it off.
Old 03-22-2009, 04:07 PM

I broke a triple dog screen and they sent me a new screen all I had to do is take the thing apart and the screen just plugged in to the board replace it ready to go
Old 03-22-2009, 04:07 PM

take to ford and get reflashed then get a new SCT
Old 03-22-2009, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGWHEEL450 View Post
I broke a triple dog screen and they sent me a new screen all I had to do is take the thing apart and the screen just plugged in to the board replace it ready to go
Wish it could be that easy. But the programmer has a case of the rattles right now... me having one of those weeks where everything goes wrong, ontop of moving, going grocery shopping and opening the door to a jar of salsa falling out of the truck and breaking on my big toe with me in flip flops, then finding my programmer with a cracked screen = me punching it about 10x, then slinging it across the driveway...

Called my mother in law, she works for ford, I'm just gonna have it reflashed, and probably buy another SCT from eric or something with some custom tunes..

Last edited by Jason.; 03-22-2009 at 06:26 PM.
Old 03-22-2009, 04:20 PM
PMR = JUNK

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Jake Send a message via Yahoo to Jake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason. View Post
Ok, so I've been towing a 5000lb trailer with 5000 lbs of stuff in it all weekend (which not to mention, came unhooked over a speedbump and flew off, starting my bad week), so I had my SCT on the towing tune, well I just got back from the grocery store, and surprise surprise, my tuner was in the backseat floorboard, and a gallon of milk was set on top of it, plugged it in and ofcourse the screen was cracked and solid blue, so in a fit of rage, because it's been one of those weeks, I punched it a few times, and slung it out of the truck causing that much more damage.

So now, even if I order a new one, the tow tune is stuck on my truck from that last one, and it would need to be returned to stock, WTF do I even do about this? I'm so over this week, when it rains boy does it pour.
why would you set milk on it?

Why???

Anyway, like the other said, get it reflashed from ford and buy a new programmer.
Old 03-22-2009, 04:24 PM
Viking Heavy Diesel

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I dont have any advice but I am sorry to hear about the luck dude. It will get better!
Old 03-22-2009, 04:26 PM

Maybe some anger management is in store
Old 03-22-2009, 04:30 PM
PMR = JUNK

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Jake Send a message via Yahoo to Jake
Yeah! I think someone needs to have a joint and chill out!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.