eBay - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2006, 02:04 PM
Power Strokeaholic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
eBay

is there another online auction site out there that i dont know about? i like eBay but its gettin to be the same items in a diffrent auction on a diffrent day. like this... ive seen the same item in diffrent auctions at three diffrent times by three diffrent sellers. i thoght maybe it was just me but i compared pictures that were posted and its the same picture. maybe these guys couldn't sell it so they have multiple i.d's? i dont know, but it really pi$$'s a guy off when he see's an item that he was bidding on and lost, back up there for sale again a day later. i'm done whin'in . back to my point, is there another?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2006, 02:37 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

i hope you're not talking about vehicles, cause they don't go on overlaping auctions ever that i have seen...be aware of those auctions with the same pic. if you search say, drills and there are 25 out of 30 items on the page are the same seller and or same pic, its either a scam or a mass sale seller who does wholesaleing...

good luck...I've done alot of ebaying, so any more questions feel free...

wes
Old 01-22-2006, 02:55 PM

Another site is www.ubid.com I mainly buy home stereo equipment from there. I do nto think they have a large selection like ebay.
Old 01-22-2006, 04:13 PM
Gun Nut

Send a message via AIM to Rodslinger
Ebay is no where near what it used to be. Like Wes said though beware - I won't go into the LONG story but I put my Wrangler on Ebay and ended up contacting my local FBI office to confirm my suspicion of a possible scam from someone wanting to purchase it. They confirmed it alright but told me it's so common they don't even begin to try and bust 'em.......should give you an idea of the corruption that runs ramped though online auctions - ESPECIALLY Ebay. I'm not saying don't use 'em because I do from time to time, just be careful.
Old 01-22-2006, 10:30 PM

Send a message via AIM to 99Smokin73Stroker Send a message via Yahoo to 99Smokin73Stroker
I'm pretty careful on Ebay and I only buy from members that have sold many auctions and have all positive feedback, unless they have hundreds or thousands of auctions then I'm not as picky....i'll settle for some negatives cuz that's gonna happen. As for the multiple pictures, it's easy to get a photo of the product you're trying to sell if you don't have a camera or a scanner to use to upload the image for use in the auction. Many people who sell items just do a google search and "borrow" the image of the product so that people have some idea of the product they are bidding on. Just make sure if you have any questions about a seller, take a look at their feedback and how many auctions they have closed. There's some sneaky jerks out there, but the number is extremely miniscule compared to actual true sellers/buyers looking to make an honest dollar or get an honest product. Also, if you sign up for ebay, and/or paypal they will NEVER ask you for any personal information (like your bank account info, credit cards, social sec #, etc) through e-mail. I got a couple of fakes before and deleted them right away. A friend of mine just got a fake paypal and a fake e-bay notice from a bogus site that was trying to get him to be stupid and give away all of his personal information. Anyway, e-bay and paypal are legit to give your info to the first time you sign up for it. Just remember, NO emails from them are legit if they want personal info. If something happens to your account, it'll tell you when you log in to your ebay or paypal accounts....bid away
Old 01-23-2006, 02:56 PM

http://www.stealitback.com/

http://auctions.yahoo.com/
Old 01-23-2006, 05:06 PM

Thats true Rod, one thing worse than bidding on a false auction that falls through is getting jipped by a buyer, especially if its an item with high list fees. I had an item on and said i accepted paypal only, well this lady who won after eluding me for days, said would i accept alternate payment, her paypal account was overdrawn for the month. Yes thats right, the charge limit for one month is 10k, so she was buyin a lot of junk....go to a trucks auction and custom search ended items; most of them don't sell and the sellers comments are often nasty...some people are so lax with their money...

wes
Old 01-23-2006, 05:36 PM

Send a message via AIM to 99Smokin73Stroker Send a message via Yahoo to 99Smokin73Stroker
I think people just get too careless, and sometimes impatient. Just do good enough research, and require paypal only or accept money orders too like I do. You could take a personal check, but they can always put a stop payment on it before it clears their bank. Don't give in to someone asking for other methods, because they might be trying to screw you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.