Fords made in Mexico - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2006, 08:26 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 99Smokin73Stroker Send a message via Yahoo to 99Smokin73Stroker
Fords made in Mexico

There's a guy on the D-max forum claiming that he once owned a 2000 super duty but sold it when he found out it was made in mexico. I thought all the super duty trucks were either built in kentucky or in canada. Do they also build them in mexico?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2006, 07:52 AM
Gun Nut

Send a message via AIM to Rodslinger
If I recall correctly I had a Ford Ranger that was made in Mexico......got over 200K on it and it still ran like a champ when I sold it.
Heck with immigration as bad as it is in the US even if it's made in CONUS it's made in Mexico....I know my lawn is......DOH!
Old 01-22-2006, 09:35 AM

Some Ford trucks were made in Mexico at one time, but no longer i think. Their main plant is in the city of Hermosillo, S.A. mexico...the plant manufactures focuses and other small cars now. Alot of Dodges are made in mexico though, as Dodge is second only to Kenworth in the Mexican truck market.

wes
Old 01-22-2006, 10:45 AM

Send a message via AIM to 99Smokin73Stroker Send a message via Yahoo to 99Smokin73Stroker
THat's also what I was hearing over there is that the dodges are made in mexico too....
Old 01-22-2006, 01:48 PM

alot of dodges are made in Mexico because the market for dodges is so big down there that its cheaper to buid them there anyway...some Super Dutys are made in Mexico, but they're not that popular...most of the ones made there stay there and there are more v10s than PSD...two odd things i have seen are a factory regular cab short bed...kinda stumpy looking...and a 350 with tandem drive axles...also a ford produced truck there...like i said though, dodge has the market clinched...Mexico is the only place you can buy a Ram 4000, which is like a 450 or 550...pretty interesting....they make a lot of weird stuff down there...ask me if you're interested, some of its pretty cool.

wes
Old 01-22-2006, 09:10 PM

Yeah I know that for some stupid reason that US automakers make cars and trucks that sell in mexico and other countries that would probably sell pretty well here but we can't get them. It's just retarded. I remember a while back that dodge was making a Ramcharger based on the 94+ body styles. Couldn't get it here.....
Old 01-23-2006, 04:38 PM

they make alot of things that would be good here...ford and chevy make some euro-like compacts that would make more sense for car people to drive than say a taurus or malibu. all of the big three automakers make stumpy pickups because every male wants, and actually uses, a pickup but the city streets are narrow, so it makes more sense to have a shorter truck with similar utility. Also, there are an unbelieveable amount of propane cars and pickups in mexico...a good idea, making LP gas a big business considering its the only energy source not nationalized by the mexican government...i've seen a few propane fills at gas stations here, but i've never seen a car...they're pretty popular down there...then again, so are a lot of things...i've seen more Ford Grand Turino's in one day there than i've seen in U.S. car shows and TV combined!

wes

wes
Old 01-28-2006, 09:45 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Smokin,

I'm that guy who claims to have bought a "Made in Mexico" Ford. It was a 2000 F350 Lariat SC 4x4 V10. I bought it new in April 2001 from McCoy/Mills Ford in Fullerton, Calif.

After I completed the assembly it was a fine truck. At 56,000 miles I traded it for an 04 GMC 2500 4x4. Note that it had never been back to the dealer after I bought it. I changed the oil (Mobil 1) at home and never had a problem with it - none!

I really prefered the Ford, especially the solid front axle and the manual 4x4 hubs and selector. Also I liked the JBL audio with CD and Tape.

When I saw the label in the door jam indicating it was made in Mexico I felt betrayed and cheated. Not that it wasn't a fine truck, it was. I'd just rather see Americans earning money building it than than Mexicans earning the money. I have no interest in supporting the Mexican economy - especially with Ford and GMC laying off 30,000 Americans each.

I'm an American first guy - suppose that makes me some sort of dinosaur, and at 67 years of age, an old dinosaur at that
Old 01-28-2006, 12:16 PM
Banned

the mexico truck plant is no more. the last trucks produced there were the 05 f-150 "heritage". the reason they built the heratige in the last body style was because ford knew they were going to close the plant, and did not want to spend the money to retool it for the new body style. some cars are still made there, but no trucks anymore. superduty production ended in 02 if i remember right, but dont quote me on that for sure.
Old 01-28-2006, 01:55 PM

That sounds correct...do you know where that truck plant was? I know it's not the one I'm talking about because i've seen it and its definately still open...i think i remember the one you may be talking about being very northern, like in the Tijuana, Tecate area.

wes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.