Busted driveline stories - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2009, 04:07 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Busted driveline stories

Just looking for some of ya'lls broken driveline stories. Usually they are pretty funny to look back at. I have quite a few but heres my best one i think.

I was pulling our mud truck, an 86 suburban with 39.5 swampers on a bumper pull flatbed trailer from Shreveport LA to Kilgore TX for a mud bog. I got off the highway to get fuel and when i took off from the stop sign at the overpass, she hit second and blew my rear U-joint to pieces. Shaft hit the ground and destroyed my slip joint. Mind you, i was also running 39.5's. I pulled the rear shaft quick as i sat in the middle of the road blocking traffic and figured i would lock the hubs and limp to the truck stop on the fronts. No dice, one of my hub locks was frozen. By this time, a cop had showed up and was directing traffic, telling me to get that thing out the road or he has to call a tow truck. Another guy in a truck went on ahead to register for the bog. He had all the tools with him. I ended up beating the outside of my hub off with a reciever hitch, while the cop looks at me in disbelief. I told him i would pick up all the shiny pieces of hub on the ground. I pushed the spline locks in with my fingers and i finally made it to the parking lot. We got another pull truck and made it to the bog and i went back with a new shaft the next day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2009, 07:09 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Well I had a similair story, but heres how mine went. I actually joined this and asked people why my truck had a clicking noise and a vibration at certain speeds. We came to conclusion that it was my yoke in my driveshaft. So anyways I had a (was) freind just replace the yoke on the normal driveshaft. After that everything was fine and truck was real smooth and thought nothing could happen! Then 1 day after gettin off work I was going to drive about 2 hours away to my other house but on the way I went to pick up my Niece *about another hour* and once i picked her up. The truck started shaking rumbling *anything u can imagine* Then all of a sudden BAM the Yoke my freind put in busted and broke my driveshaft in the middle of a bad vally on the highway. She was scared to death haha. All these happend becuase he put my yoke in backwards. Not a good time.
Old 01-08-2009, 07:09 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Also during all this time I was'nt vary familiar with the area and did'nt even know what highway i was on and had no clue who i could call for a tow. bad bad
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.