Serving Our Country!
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Austin, TX
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Bought 2002 F-250 ... list of issues ... requesting comments.
I recently purchased the 2002 listed in my signature. It has a number of small issues that I've noticed and would like any comments on any of those I list. Thanks!
1. Turning the wheel produces a slight feeling of friction along with the sound associated (possibly metal on metal). It is not continuous throughout turning but begins and ends multiple times throughout the travel. Possible equal length rubbing periods. Pronounced when turning the wheel CCW.
2. Smell of diesel becomes strong when stationary. Presumably due to fuel leak. My 2000 had one which was repaired by replacing o-rings on the fuel bowl. Any other likely sources?
3. On drivers side electric window, continuous down button position only drives window down when button is pressed.
4. On drivers side electric window, window drives in very slowly at bottom of travel.
5. Electric mirror control fails to operate in most directions of adjustment.
6. Column shift lever is very loose in front/back motion and slightly loose in direction of normal operation. Shift indicator slightly off alignment.
7. Some random vibrating racket coming from the direction of passenger side suicide door.
If anybody has any "insider information" on any of those issues please let me know! While I will dig into them in detail, it would help a lot to know any information better than "replace the associated parts" going into it! Thanks again!
2002 F-250 Lariat Extended Cab Long Bed, 7.3L, Auto, 4x4
- 6" BDS Suspension lift (All spring)
- Driveshaft Specialist 1 piece conversion
- 315/75R16 BFG A/Ts
- DP-Tuner F6
- DIESELSITE CPR Fuel System
- Turbo-Master Wastegate Controller
- Donaldson AIS Intake w/ "Zoodad" and AIH Delete
- MBRP 4" T304 Exhaust
- Coolant filter, Evans NPG+ Coolant, 203* Thermostat and Billet Housing
- Factory Tech Valve Body
- ISSPRO Gauges (Boost, Pyro, Trans)