Curious on your opinion of the best. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2014, 06:23 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Curious on your opinion of the best.

Just kind of curious on everyones opinion of the best truck in general. My 05 has 165 on it and the past year has been rough, 2 oil coolers, ipr, egr delete, couple coolant leaks, injectors. So im just kind of curious, I love ford and my truck but I look at my boss has a 05 cummins, which I freaking hate Chrysler products with a passion, but put a tranny in at 100k. Which he listened to me and bought a bullet proof BDS tranny but really no other major issues. can out pull mine and 28mpg. Don't know to much about chevy other than they over engineer and think stuff. Have seen some crazy issues out of there 1/2 tons. I like at the verge of trucks almost paid for, but man the new body fords are sexy, but im poor. I don't really know if I want to mess with emissions stuff more so than what my current truck has. Im almost kind of thinking of looking at a cummins next. But then comes into play im not paying 25k for a truck with 150k miles on it. So, sorry im just venting at my truck being non driveable the past two days due to it being broke down, but just curious what everyones general opinion is. Seems like the newer fords 08 and up have had some crazy internal engine failures. Which I don't hear much about out of the 6.0, everything else motor just breaks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2014, 07:50 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

id just swap a cummins into your truck , best of both worlds
Old 05-29-2014, 03:11 AM

Agreed. A 12v cummins in your truck, problem solved.
Old 05-29-2014, 03:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfranco View Post
but I look at my boss has a 05 cummins..... and 28mpg. Im almost kind of thinking of looking at a cummins next...
If you truly believe this, you will be sorely disappointed if you ever buy one.
All vehicles have flaws. Especially with low maintenance. Luck of the draw almost.

My uncle's 05 2500 Cummins was the worst vehicle he ever owned. Problem after problem, always in for work. He will never buy another. Yet my best bud has been trouble free since new with his 05 cummins. Neither get anywhere near 28 mpg lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.