2005 king ranch bulletproofed and a 2005 lariet fx4 f250 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2014, 05:52 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question 2005 king ranch bulletproofed and a 2005 lariet fx4 f250

whats up guys im new to the site and have searched the forum for answers pertaining to " Buying a 6.0" but still leaves me wondering on some things. I can tell this topic has been beaten into the ground many times.. and then beaten some more lol but ive got 2 trucks in mind and honestly dont think there bad prices. Im a fireman and drive a f150 and have had enough of it. i want a DD that gets decent gas mileage and has the power a truck should have if i tow anything boats etc. as i have a lake place on sinclair. With that said im looking at a 2005 f250 king ranch that was been bulletproofed at 50k miles. the guy is the second owner of the truck and bought it at 40k then bulletproofed it. The dude states it has banks everything lol... the truck now has 98k miles i believe and looks to be in great condition. it has a 4in ready lift with some wheels and tires im not fond of but that can be replaced. Price is at 23500. The other one is a 05 f250 fx4 lariat bone stock with 89k miles on it and is very clean as well. Price is 21500. I have not seen either truck in person yet but am looking at the king ranch tomorrow after i get off from work. ill try and upload some pics. Im just unsure of the 6.0 i dont really know much about them other than what ive read. i have a few friends with dirtys and one with a 08 6.4 but just cant find any deals where i live on them. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys and god bless.
Here are the links to the trucks.

***http://atlanta.craigslist.org/sat/cto/4470315990.html
***http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/cto/4473754585.html

Last edited by drewboyd2012; 05-25-2014 at 05:58 AM. Reason: post links to trucks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2014, 07:24 AM
Can you hear the derail??

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Just ask for receipts on work and/or parts, check the fluids for issues like mixing, and you can get an oasis report to ensure warranty work has been done to either of the trucks, good luck with your purchase, and welcome to the org
Old 05-25-2014, 12:05 PM

I appreciate that. How prone are the 6.0's in blowing gaskets if the truck is really bulletproofed? ive read to get an EDGE cts for a monitor, and i dont know much about the banks, but i do know some guys who run custom tunes off the SCT X3.
Old 05-28-2014, 09:06 AM

So. i went and looked at the King Ranch and it was garbage. The guy had no paper work for anything. the only thing i knew for sure was he did have the egr deleted but i got under the truck and it was leaking some oil and leaking out of the u bolts. the transmission fluid smelled hot and he said tranny was built, but i looked and he still had the factory torque convertor on there. no good.
Old 05-29-2014, 03:54 AM

Ive now found a 2006 6.0 with 135k on the body and trans and 25k on a new motor that is fully bullet proofed. The tranny has been built with billet input shafts etc. it looks to be a clean truck at 24k obo. should i check it out?

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/4466239702.html

theres the link
Old 05-29-2014, 04:43 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

With the last truck I would wondering why it has such a built up tranny. The trannie in the 6.0 is one of its strong points. So if he's not towing (as he states in the ad) then what was hedoing that would justify that much $$. Sled pulling?
In your posting yesturday you said the guy didnt have any paperwork for anything. That got me to thinking about my truck. The only paper work I could show you would be the instruction books from Bullet Proof Diesel.
Until you get a monitor on these trucks you are just "judging a book by its cover". You truely wont know the health of the truck. It could be running just fine and be on the edge of costing you some big repair money. I run the EDGE cts and its awesome for me.
You also stated that you wanted a truck that got good gas mileage. Well the 6.0 does not fit that bill. Some will tell you that you can get 18-20 but 90% will tell you that aint gonna happen.
Old 05-29-2014, 04:53 AM

Yeah I also wonder why it has a new motor. I emailed the guy no response yet. He may have sold it. But yeah that guy with the king ranch was hiding something. He wouldnt even let me drive it..... lol. But I hate to say it on here but im also looking at an 06 lbz. Idk the 6.0s are so clean.
Old 05-29-2014, 05:19 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

The 6.0 was the only truck that I could find in my price range, that I could find that would fit what I needed. Fourtunatly or unfoutunatly the 6.0 has such a bad name that I found I could get a nice truck for a good price. (try finding a Dodge/Chevy 4x4,dually,diesel,4 door with front bench seat and under 100k miles for under under $20K....aint gonna happen unless she's a beat dog).
My suggestion would be get a good monitor,learn how to use it and take that sucker with you. It will save you money for sure.
Old 05-29-2014, 05:39 AM

Ok what should I ask him? Why the new motor etc? Ive got a friend with a scanner. What should I be looking for? The 6.0 is also in my price range.
Old 05-29-2014, 07:16 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Did I seriously just hear the 6.0 doesn't get good fuel mileage?? Until the 6.7 it was the only ford diesel that got ANY fuel mileage. The 7.3 averaged 17-18 depending on gear ratio(hindered by the 4 speed trans) and the 6.4 with any power adder averages 16. I'm sure someone will jump on this and say "I get 21 out of mine" but to that person, you are either high, or running a 3.08 gear. The 6.0 is a good motor if it's done right. The fact that the guy said it's "bulletproofed" means squat. People think that buying a kit from bulletproof diesel means the truck is bulletproof. It's not. Who's doing the work makes a difference. Who's head gasket they run makes a difference. Who's oil cooler, did they do the blue spring upgrade and fuel banjo bolts. Is the ficm a high voltage(these can be problematic). Long story short there are a lot of things that go into a bulletproof truck. After working on them a long time my opinion has changed. Buy them stock and have the work done yourself.
kinnisoj likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
6.0 advice, 6.0 f250 advice, f250 6.0, new member

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.