2005 f-250 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2014, 07:09 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Exclamation 2005 f-250

so a friend of mine has a 2005 f-250 that is chipped and has a edge tuner and when you turn the truck over(normally the tuner should come on). it doesn't went to the edge website to find the tuner but as this this truck was used it we don't know what model it is. we push the buttons on the tuner and nothing. is there any one who can help me and my friend out in figuring what is wrong with this. please email me your suggestions as to what is wrong. email is bear9417@gmail.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2014, 07:31 PM
Premium Member

just a thought but if you have a cable, attach the edge to your computer it should tell you model serial number and let you update it and that MIGHT fix your problem?
Old 05-17-2014, 07:36 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy_9420 View Post
so a friend of mine has a 2005 f-250 that is chipped and has a edge tuner and when you turn the truck over(normally the tuner should come on). it doesn't went to the edge website to find the tuner but as this this truck was used it we don't know what model it is. we push the buttons on the tuner and nothing. is there any one who can help me and my friend out in figuring what is wrong with this. please email me your suggestions as to what is wrong. email is bear9417@gmail.com
Check that the obdii fuse is good, it's under the dash, I believe it's fuse 14, can you hook up the edge to your truck for example to see if it powers up?

Also why use edge tuner? It fools the pcm on the fly to get it to do what u want, not the best method. Lots of guys here use SCT tuners, it reflashes your pcm and tranny with a new tune, stock tune however is still stored on the SCT tuner if you ever need to go back.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 05-18-2014, 01:39 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

thank you both very much i will try that and i do not have the chord and the reason he is using the edge tuner is b/c it came with it when he bought it Friday evening.
Old 05-18-2014, 02:05 PM

Quote:
thank you both very much i will try that and i do not have the chord and the reason he is using the edge tuner is b/c it came with it when he bought it Friday evening.
Keep us updated. Also tell your friend to get rid of the edge tuner and grab a SCT x3 and I recommend drew at backroadperformance.com Street king tune is what I'm running and very happy with it. or Tony Wildman at www.totaldieselperformance.com they both write great custom tunes and are sharp, smooth shift and LOADS of power. There are lots of custom tune writers but these are the two I like.

I'll be buying extreme tune from Tony as soon as I get my truck back from getting studded next week.

Old 05-18-2014, 02:09 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

will do i will mention it to him. and are you sure that it is fuse #14
Old 05-18-2014, 02:10 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

and the tuner is mounted on the dash and it wont power up at all
Old 05-19-2014, 11:18 AM

Quote:
will do i will mention it to him. and are you sure that it is fuse #14
I'm pretty sure it's fuse 14, but check the owners manual, I can't find the link to a owners manual online, but check that all of your fuses are good, under the dash and the fuse box under the hood.

Have you tried plugging in something else to the obdii reader, like a code scanner? To see if it powers up, if it does then it's your edge, if doesn't, fuse is blown.

Last edited by strokersixo; 05-19-2014 at 11:22 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.