hids - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2008, 05:19 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
hids

Ok guys i want to put a hid kit on my 03 f250. well after lookin on the internet for hours im just as confused now as i was 3 weeks ago when i started. Have any of yall put a hid kit on your trucks and if so where did you get the kit and the pro/cons of it.
Thanks
John
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-25-2008, 05:25 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I just put mine in last night. It isn't just right yet. But it was probably my fault.
Old 12-25-2008, 05:29 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to blowinsmoke4life
Heres a kit from one of our sponsors, you can get ahold of Raul heres his username to pm him ( Raul@stealthautomtive ) He can tell yuo all about and maybe get you a good deal on it. HID Conversion Kit Theres different light ranges too. For example 3k is yellow, 5k is bright white, 8k all the way up to 12k gets bluer. so i hope that helps you and good luck. o and one more thing when you turn them on the need to hit up and depending on wat bulb you got it goes thru the different color ranges as it hits up
Old 12-25-2008, 06:06 AM

Send a message via AIM to tekurtz
VVME.com the best out there for aftermarket HID kits. The least expensive, and I'm pretty sure that they strictly stick with Hella ballasts.
I got the 4300K kit (5000k some call it) which is OEM color with cars that have it from the factory. It's the brightest one, once you start veering from that color it starts to get slightly less bright, but still way brighter than any halogen.

The Kits are just under $100 shipped. They also sell replacement parts. When you buy the parts separately it's slightly less than the kit, but the wiring harness is not included which really makes things install easier and cleaner.

I actually ordered my kit through eBay from a wholesaler of vvme.com Here

Last edited by tekurtz; 12-28-2008 at 08:56 AM. Reason: updating ebay listing
Old 12-25-2008, 07:23 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

when you got yours from vvme did you loose your high beams?
Old 12-25-2008, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonaireStroker View Post
when you got yours from vvme did you loose your high beams?
BTW In Rauls kit you keep your high beams but they are not HID.
Old 12-25-2008, 07:38 AM
Premium Member

Send a message via AIM to zippy557
the Bi-xenon kits are high and low beam in hid
Old 12-25-2008, 09:21 AM

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Cons...Hids take specially designed housings and not a single manufacture of Hids sells retrofit kits or recommends them. Light scatter is a big problem as the housing isn't designed to properly focus the light which causes oncomming drivers problems. This is why its illegal to retrofit hids into stock housings.

If someone would come out with housings designed for our trucks for Hids I'd get them in a instant.

Untill then the Best upgrade is Hella harness and a set of their 80/100w 4k Kelvin bulbs, won't bother oncoming drivers and fantastic light.
Old 12-25-2008, 01:51 PM

Send a message via AIM to tekurtz
The 9007 HID bulb kit that I used actually worked out quite nice. It has a good beam pattern because of the kits bulb placement adjuster, you can adjust how deep into the projector the bulb sits so that it matches the factory bulbs placement. My lights on the road look great, nice and bright with a good horizontal line that I adjusted downward very very slightly so that I wasn't blinding cars in the lane in front of me or on coming traffic.
They may not be as good as my Audi's projector or my BMW's.
I've considered retrofitting the A6/B5 Audi's angle eye hi/low projector into the factory projector. That projector is one of the best made, and inexpensive on eBay. It will just take a lot of man hours on the retrofit. What I have now is more than tolerable, considering how much better than stock it is.

HaroHunter: The bulbs are a High and Low beam bulb, it has a shroud around the bulb that is slid out of the way for the high beam and slid over the bulb partially to dim it and change the pattern for the low beam

Upgrading ANY vehicle from halogen to a HID type bulb is a must in my eyes. They make night driving a hell of a lot better.

Also a HID kit for fog/driving lights makes a pretty impressive improvement on top of the new headlights. In conjunction with THE FOG LIGHT MOD so they stay on with the high beams you can make it like daylight in front of you.

Last edited by tekurtz; 12-28-2008 at 09:04 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.