Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

How to get diesel smell out of coat?

2K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  szyd 
#1 ·
Was changing out filters on my truck a buddy of mine and took alittle diesel bath, didn't care at the time but now my work coat smells like straight up diesel. Just repeated washings or you mechs. got a tip

#3 ·
it comes out of mine after I wash it.

#5 ·
haha you say that intill you work with it... I enjoy the smell sometimes just not when its on me all the time, I like to sit in my office and not smell like it...

#6 ·
Hmmm threw it in the wash 3 times with Tide and still smells, not as strong but still there

#9 ·
put some vinegar in the wash with it (about a cup) then wash again normally....that works for cat piss too.

#12 ·
I just did filters on my 6.4. As near as I can tell there is no way NOT to continually pour fuel on your self during the process of changing the frame rail filter. It siphons out of the tank, then out on your head, onto the frame and cross members, etc. There is about 5 places that it is dripping down on you while you are trying to get the darned thing back in. I can get only one click on the ratchet between the front drive shaft and the floor of the truck. I was pretty well fit to be tied afterward. I was kind of thinking that cab-off maintenance is not that bad of an idea after all. It would make changing the filter a breeze.
Anyhow, I now have the same diesel-in-the-clothes problem that I am trying to fix/get used to.

#13 ·
Dawn dish soap is the best for getting any oil based anything out. If you have a grease spot take the Tide and Dawn and rub into that spot throw in wash. And for a whole wash i just squirt some Dawn in with the tide. Try it you wont be disapointed. But it has to be Dawn. They use Dawn to help clean up oil spills i saw on the news a tanker fliped and used Dawn to klean up.:thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.