Home Made Water Methonal Kit - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2008, 10:31 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to usmcbullrider84
Home Made Water Methonal Kit

Whats anyones opinions on a home made water meth kit..maybe using a small fuel pump and nos hoses and nos spray tips?Anyone ever tried this or experimented with making there own water/meth injection?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2008, 01:20 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to 03f250stroke
i never made one but i had one..seems easy enough, a feed tank go to the pump from the pump to a solenoid and off the solenoid to the feed line to the elbow or where ever. you could use a momentary switch to spray it.
Old 12-12-2008, 05:20 AM

Send a message via MSN to justafarmtruck
12v like garden sprayer pump, air line and a ether nozzle off of older deere tractor... get it at a junk tractor yard or just straight from deere then tank of your pref. im going to get like a cheap coolent tank replacement as they call it at like adv. auto. some switches thats bout all you need. im doin it.
Old 12-12-2008, 05:53 AM
Premium Member

Can't speak of how meth works in a diesel however I can say that in a gasser, you need it to be variable. Just having an on/off WI system will leave you with zero ability to properly tune and you will most likely just end up flooding your engine. Nevermind the lack of a spray control solonoid that will prevent drip drip down when the system is not running. Finally, most after market fuel pumps (at least walbro) run at around 245 liters per hour while most Meth systems run a 150 lph pump.
Old 12-12-2008, 06:06 AM
Big Daddy!

I think it is the controller that is a lot of the expense of the Meth injection systems.... They control on boost etc.
Old 12-12-2008, 06:13 AM

I have thought of this and my only speed bump is how to activate when EGTs get high or to when i want it to spray.
Old 12-12-2008, 06:15 AM
Premium Member

^^ Yup. You either have a controller that works off of Boost or Injector Duty Cycle and with these things being HPOP controlled injectors (or something like that..still learning), I'm guessing pure boost controlled controllers.
Old 12-12-2008, 09:02 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Send a message via Yahoo to usmcbullrider84
Well I don't know if you can "make" some kind of hookup to start it off a certain egt off of an existing egt probe
Old 12-12-2008, 09:11 AM

Send a message via MSN to Justinlw
I thought the kits were variable delivery with a set injection curve based on boost and RPM?? I don't think it just meters the same amount constanly under all loads.
Old 12-12-2008, 09:39 AM

I built mine. It was easy. Get a 15 PSI Hobbs Switch from a parts house. You connect off of your boost line to it. There are two prongs on this switch. One is power in from an on/off switch, while the other goes to the pump. When the Hobbs switch sees 15 PSI it will close the circuit and power the pump. You can order the 150PSI pump from snow performance for $100. Then from the parts house you need to buy about 20FT of 1/4 " high pressure air line, and the fittings to connect to your pump, reservoir, splitter and nozzles. The nozzles can be purchased from Snow as well. They are about $35 a piece. I run a 325Ml per min. and a 695 ML per min. nozzle. This set up gained me 67.5 HP at the wheels on a mustang dyno. I use a 7.75 Gallon pony keg mounted to the inside of my bed with a bulkhead fitting running through a hole in the bed to the pump mounted on the underside of the truck body. The two nozzles are mounted to the backside of my intake elbow. You will need all 1/8" pipe fittings and an 1/8" tap. Hope this helps.

Hobbs Switch: $40
Pump: $100
Air line: $20
Keg: FIND ONE FOR FREE!
misc wiring: $10
On/Off switch: $4
Nozzles: $70
Fittings: $20
Total: $264

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.