Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Train Horn Positioning

1K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  TANK'S 250 
#1 ·
Just got a trainhorn kit. Have 4 horns but am not sure where the best place to position them is or what direction you want the opening. any advice helps! or if anyone has any pics of their horns that would really help alot.

#2 ·
popular thing to do is put the spare tire in the bed, get a piece of sheet metal and put them on there facing forwards, I have seen a civic that did somewhat of the same thing. I kinda want some now, but i also want an exhaust... tw... 38r... bts vb... I want a lot of things

#4 ·
i have my kong mk2's on the frame rail under the passenger side door facing backwards to keep crap ffrom getting in them, they are still plenty loud

#5 ·
i dont have a train horn kit but just a normal air horn kit on my toyota and its were the windshield washer resevoir was and its facing down to the passanger wheel well yea it gets kinda loud in the ears of passing cars

#6 ·
I have put a few sets on different trucks and I think the best place to mount them is on the tool box either between the bed and the tool box on either side or on the bottom of the tool box. This way you you run less air lines and the horn have better protection from the elements and road grime. :thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.