HHO in your Diesel? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2008, 07:20 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to usmcbullrider84
HHO in your Diesel?

I was wondering if anyone has tried making one of the Hydrogen generators?And if so how it worked for you...Also any pictures of it or any or tips on it..Maybe how to hook it up?

Last edited by usmcbullrider84; 12-09-2008 at 07:27 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2008, 08:23 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to nicho
It won't work, don't try it, if you want to play with water, then play with water.
Old 12-09-2008, 08:25 PM
COME ON...ONE TIME!!

why wont it work? Please explain. I know of one guy in town who has one in his DMax, and he sees almost 35 MPG with it on his econo tune, empty.
Old 12-10-2008, 12:24 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Rob Send a message via MSN to Rob Send a message via Skype™ to Rob
Nicho, why wont it work?? give specifics please. i am very interested in this and would like to know from your experiences on why you say it wont work!
Old 12-10-2008, 03:35 AM
Served Our Country!

OK, I guess I'll take another crack at this. The physics just doesn't work. Your alternator will produce less than 1 horse power worth of HHO on an ongoing basis. I've seen a demo of one on the bench and the flame it produced was pretty small.
That having been said, a lot of people say they get more power and better gas milage. My theory, and that of some others is that it works like a very complicated water injection system. All the bubbles also put out a mist of water vapor that is sucked into the engine. The water vapor is turned into steam which expands more than just the heated air, adding power. It also absorbs a lot of heat and cools the exhaust gasses.
My advise is if you want to pour water into your truck for more power, go with water injection.

Jay
Old 12-10-2008, 08:02 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Send a message via Yahoo to usmcbullrider84
Its not im trying to get more power or anything just read on being able to produce enough HHO in a diesel to be able to run 80% HHO and 20% Diesel and if a person was able to do that much they would save a lot of diesel.
Old 12-10-2008, 11:56 PM
Served Our Country!

Your never going to get anywhere near that kind of ratio unless you carry a tank of the stuff with you. I know the people selling the HHO generators make all kinds of claims, but even the most tame violate several laws of physics.
Google water injection. You'll find all kinds of info on it. Most is for racing (thats where most of my first hand knowledge comes from). But there are a few that talk about systems for day to day driving, and claim decent milage improvments. Several give plans for cheap DIY setups.
The military used water injection for years on aircraft, from supercharged piston engined fighters to KC-135 jet tankers (I worked on those) so I know that it works for power. Incresed power at a given fuel flow should equate to better milage.
Just my $.02

Jay
Old 12-11-2008, 12:40 AM

Send a message via AIM to Cory S
i have been sucessful i have seen a 3mpg increase i will take some pictures tommorrow i have been toying with hydrogen generators for a while now the version i have now is pressurized so it raises the boiling point of the water there fore you dont get steam "water" in your engine. but to each their own opinion
Old 12-11-2008, 12:41 AM

Send a message via AIM to Cory S
but i havent heard of anyone getting huge increases from them you would have to have an actual generator to make that much hydrogen
Old 12-11-2008, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowmasters40 View Post
i have been sucessful i have seen a 3mpg increase i will take some pictures tommorrow i have been toying with hydrogen generators for a while now the version i have now is pressurized so it raises the boiling point of the water there fore you dont get steam "water" in your engine. but to each their own opinion
What's that?? about 15%?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.